Desperately seeking segmented fork...any condition

vintagerider

In the middle of a Yo restoration and could really use your 1" non suspension corrected fork if you have a spare one.

Any condition or color.

Have exhausted just about all sources.

Thanks for checking.

vintagerider

Did you contact Chris Igleheart? He still makes these forks.
I was hoping to go with an original fork.
However.... with that said, Groovy's seem to be faithfull reproductions. But when I spoke with Rody he indicated that he did not have any in stock. Alas:(

rmp

A 20 year old non heat treated 1-1/8" fork just sold for $360. That's NUTS.

Give Mr. Igleheart a call and have him fab one up for you for just about the same cost. Plus you can get any kind of steerer you want. He probably built the originals anyway.

He does fairly decent work (ha!), is actually accepting work and is a really nice dude.

vintagerider

A 20 year old non heat treated 1-1/8" fork just sold for $360. That's NUTS.

Yeah...I got knocked out very early on that auction.

I see your point on the Igleheart's. His original connection with Fat City certainly helps.

However....I am doing a complete restoration of my Yo frame and was hoping to obtain a fork that was in equal crappy condition as my frame. So I could perform the restoration (especially the paint) at the same time.

Oh yeah...... then there is the money thing also.

rmp

The only way you are going to stumble upon a non-outrageously priced original Yo Eddy fork is luck and or a pretty abused example - which is then going to require some additional $ to fix up (if possible).

This is the realization that sent me to Mr. Igleheart.