Harlequin Aquafade repaint anybody ?

DocChill

"Harlequin Aquafade"... for me the best paint-job ever, love it :)! Only five originals should have been made! I'm not sure, but I think fat-cog "yofella" has or had one of these dreambikes...

Cheers,
Daniel

yofella

Well remembered Daniel, yes indeed I did own one - actually 2, one I built as a complete bike which took 2 years to complete and the other one was unused and I sold on as a frame only many years ago!

Stingercut

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DocChill

Well remembered Daniel, yes indeed I did own one - actually 2, one I built as a complete bike which took 2 years to complete and the other one was unused and I sold on as a frame only many years ago!
Many thanks for your feedback ;)! Is it possible, that it's your "old" frame, which is currently offered on ebay.co.uk? It looks sooo sweet, but the price is outside my financial options... :(.

It would be cool, if Chris would offer a Harlequin Aquafade colour-option for the 2015 models...

Cheers,
Daniel

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

yofella

Hard to say either way, although if it is a repaint the finish looks identical to the originals that I have owned.

yofella

Interesting, could be! Just checked out that painter, some good work but no doubt eye wateringly expensive!!

Stingercut

I talked to the seller a few days ago - he said that this one is an original, brand new, never ridden! I think the chances are very good, that it's your one... ;)!

Thanks for clearing that mystery up Daniel :beer: A few people on Retrobike asked the seller the same question but seems he decided to plead the fifth :unknown: He should have stated that openly in the ad IMO as oem paint and NOS.... = $$$

As for Gerrit...€500 for a Harlequin plus shipping...the € is weak now....humm :cool:

rick

Harlequin repaint

Russ Picket did a black/silver Harlequin paint job for me some years ago. Beautiful work, does not look exactly like original, but probably a better paint job than it had originally. He did the stem and suspension fork to match also

Stingercut

Russ Picket did a black/silver Harlequin paint job for me some years ago. Beautiful work, does not look exactly like original, but probably a better paint job than it had originally. He did the stem and suspension fork to match also

Russ Picket....:eek: never realised he did the feathered Mountain Goats.

zonq

You would figure Jon Rock of Retrobike fame could do it. Any Fat scheme is child's play compared to the period Klein finishes. And his Klein work seems to be well regarded. Worth an email for our interested friends already in the UK.

http://www.kleinspainted.com/

Keep in mind, however, that while Jon does a great job, he has an 18 month wait list. My 18 month wait should have ended last spring, and I'm still waiting yet. My adroit has spent almost 3 years in a box waiting for the chance to send it to him.

Spectrum ($) and Cycleart ($$$$) also do Klein linear fades right, and have the proper sub decal sets.

In my experience, the best bang for the buck is Joes, who does all Calfee & other OEM repair & refinish work. Beautiful work, there's nothing they can't or won't do, and it's always done promptly & surprisingly, reasonably priced. When I get around to dealing with it, I'll just have him do my Adroit...