Revival of a Monster...

rody

Hey guys,

Thought I'd post up a link to this Monster resto that belongs to Jay. The frame was well used but in great shape overall and perfect for some new clothes.

Think she came out nice...

www.groovycycleworks.blogspot.com

cheers,

rody

Attachments

• Monster small.jpg
    Monster small.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 68
  • Monsterfront small.jpg
    Monsterfront small.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 64

Doug Carter

Staff member
I love it! The lightning is a super nice touch. Looks like something that should have been on the originals.

Very nice work, Rody.

fat-tony

Staff member
I am not a big fan of the Klein paint schemes used on the Storm's, but that is just me. But on this Monster, the lighting bolts just rock! What makes it work for me is the Frankenstein decal scheme with lighting bolts.

A "creation of Rody". Looks great!

Jay, post photos up whenever this ride is built up.

settemarche

loving that metallic flake. guess im going to have to get one of these Monster Fats now. runnin out of space.

Sette

jman950

The respray turned out better than I could have hoped. After seeing Rody's work on his website and blog, I knew he would do an awesome job.

I have been a big fan of Fat Chance since college and have built a couple of Wickeds but I wanted something unique.

I have a full XT kit from 91 including a like new Fat Chance bar, that I am debating whether to put on the bike or sell since a flat bar might put me too low for my backs comfort.

Planning to build up as soon as I get it back and I will post pics.

Jay

colker

build it w/ campagnolo off road.

campy and fat had a nice relation...
the first yo eddys to hit the mags were built w/ campy.

expensive but oh so sweet.

fat66

nice work Rody!

Rody,very nice restoration, the paint scheme works for me, tasteful and unique. Is the headbadge an original decal or something you created, hard to tell from the photo
mark g Flagsta Se Arimexico;)

AB

Monster

Yeah I'd say much better than the original paint - great job expanding on the theme. I never cared for the switch to the Buck. A very nice job.

I-ROBOT

HI AB

We changed the name of the Monster Fat to the Buck Shaver in honor of Pat Egan. Pat worked as a frame finisher at Fat City Somerville and lost his life after falling out of the back of a moving pick-up truck. He used to wear a bowling shirt that he got at a local thrift store and the name on the shirt was "Buck Shaver". It made sense to us to re-name the Monster to honor Pat's memory and as a bit of humor since the Buck / Monster was our "cheapest" frame. The guy on the head tube decal is a caricature of Pat that was drawn by Mike Pappaconstantine who originally drew Yo Eddy. Pat was a great guy and we still miss him.

Scott "I-Robot" Bengtson

ameybrook

Wow. Since I first saw one in 96, thats the first time I've heard the full story of Pat Egan and the Buckshaver. Thanks Scott!