YoEddy Team

Upchuck

Hello all, just found the board recently and wanted to check in. I had a YoEddy back in '96 and, like a blooming idiot, sold it. I know, flogging should be legal in the lower 48.
I've been looking for a replacement frame since for a SS project.
It's about a '99 Yo Eddy Team that is in spectacular condition.
Build:
Fork: Pace RC31 carbon
Cockpit: King H-Set/Moots Ti stem & seatpost/On-One Mary Bars w/ODI Rogue grips/WTB Laser V-Stealth Ti seat/Fat City collar
Brakes: Avid Juicy 7 front/Avid SL V-brake rear
Drivetrain: WI ENO crankset 180mm/32T ring/WI ENO freewheel 18T/SRAM PC-58 chain
Wheels: WI ENO Eccentric rear/WI disc front/717 rims/Stan's NoTubes/WTB Mutano 2.4"F, 2.24"R
Shimano 959 pedals

Here she is:
P2190025-med.JPG

P2190027-med.JPG

P2190029-med.JPG

P2190031-med.JPG

P2190030-med.JPG

Last edited:

Upchuck

Actually, this was sold as a frame only. I don't know if the seller had listed it before and had included any parts. Definitely one of the nicest frames I've ridden.

schneidw

team fat

Very cool and interesting bike... I have never seen the pace fork before beyond a mag; can it handle off road pounding? wondering if you would be willing to share what a flawless frame such as this one sold for? I am very curious... thanks

Yo Eddy!

Think I do remember this frame. It was one of the few nice to very nice Yo frames that sold for pretty good money through eBay the last months. To unveil the exact amount is to Upchuck.

younggeoff

Just wondering what the RC31's ride like I'm toying with getting some for my Hei Hei as I'm commuting on it at the moment and i've got the SID's locked out permanently.

lucifer

Thats built a lot like my buckshaver... Isn't the eccentric hub fantastic? I love mine to death. I'll post some pics of the latest incarnation this weekend.

Upchuck

younggeoff said:
Just wondering what the RC31's ride like I'm toying with getting some for my Hei Hei as I'm commuting on it at the moment and i've got the SID's locked out permanently.
Here's my impression of the fork (and the rest of the bike) after the maiden voyage on "Fat Mary". I'll call her that since it has a Mary Bar and, well...it's a Fat, of course. It's a cut-and-paste from a post on another MTB site:

Well I took Fat Mary out on her first date last Sunday. I met up with JimN at Westridge in Brentwood, CA at 9am. He said it rained fairly heavily last night, but he was confident the trail conditions would be good.

We parked at the corner of Bailis and Queensferry for the start of the ride. The road ride up to the trailhead was a serious grind! Extremely steep and fairly long. I about blew a lung out trying to keep up with JimN. He is very strong on climbs with his pink Dean 29

Upchuck

lucifer said:
Thats built a lot like my buckshaver... Isn't the eccentric hub fantastic? I love mine to death. I'll post some pics of the latest incarnation this weekend.

Eccentric hubs are muy bueno. I am so done with tensioners. The last Surly tensioner I had was twisted into a slinky during a technical climb.

visitor

That bike is HOT! Man I struggled building my Yo up single speed or 9 speed. I went 9 speed, now I wish I went single speed. ;) Beautiful ride!