New to Group

bettieblock

Hi all!
I have been looking for this type of Fat Chance user group for awhile! Glad that I stumbled into it the other night!
I have a 1989 Team Fat Chance that has been sitting unappreciated for too long= I just pulled it out of the basement and gave it a quick shine. I'm not sure that I am the best home for it, but have no idea of the state of Fat's these days.
I've been trying to check out this site more, and it seems as though there are plenty of followers.
This is what I have, and I live in Salt Lake City, but this bike was ridden in Vermont.
Please advise!

Fat Chance Team Comp Mountain Bike, complete and original
1989 Fat Chance Team Comp, 16.5

fat-tony

Staff member
Hi all!
I have been looking for this type of Fat Chance user group for awhile! Glad that I stumbled into it the other night!
I have a 1989 Team Fat Chance that has been sitting unappreciated for too long= I just pulled it out of the basement and gave it a quick shine. I'm not sure that I am the best home for it, but have no idea of the state of Fat's these days.
I've been trying to check out this site more, and it seems as though there are plenty of followers.
This is what I have, and I live in Salt Lake City, but this bike was ridden in Vermont.
Please advise!

Fat Chance Team Comp Mountain Bike, complete and original
1989 Fat Chance Team Comp, 16.5

Jack Lantern

Would love to see some photos of it. I'm in SLC as well. Take that bike out on Corner Canyon, those trails are perfect for rigid bikes! :D

d3f3nd3r

Definitely take that bad bike out. You live in an area we flatlanders can only dream to bike in!

And if you ever want to get rid of the color changing Fat Frisbee, PM me ;)

rick

The bike has the original steel uni fork and 122.5 BB. I do not know if G.P. Wilson dropouts were standard on the Team Comp, but it does have those front and rear= seems like people in the day were very impressed by that.

The Wilson dropout are indeed unique to the Team Comp of that that era. As you have probably noticed there are no fender mounts on the dropouts as there are on a Wicked. The geometry is the same as a Wicked but the tubing set is different (lighter?).

The cost premium for the Team Comp was considerable compared to a Wicked when new. There is an old thread on this site somewhere that lists the different costs back in the day.

I hope that you enjoy your TC, I really like mine.

rick