Original tires

Vagante

I am retiring my '87 Fat City Bike and it will be "on display" in my office next to my desk where I can give it some love everyday. :) Will pull it out on special days to ride.

I need to change the tires to knobbies so that it is back in it's original look. Not sure what the original tires were but if anyone knows I would like to have that info. If not something close.

Any help is appreciated.

I-ROBOT

Specialized Ground Control S were the tires of the day for 1987. Might be hard to find now. Panaracer Smoke and Dart combo worked well too but those could be more 1990ish

Scott

ameybrook

Fisher Fattrax, Tioga Farmer John, Specialized Hardpack, etc., were all good tires from 87 ish. They're difficult to find in rideable condition. Your best bet would have been the TimbukII repops from FirstFlight, but even those are getting tough to come by. Modern skinwall options are pretty scarce in 26"... Onza Canis and the FirstFlight Ritchey Zmax are viable options if you can get your hands on them

I-ROBOT

Somebody should find and post John Tomac's print ads for the Tioga Farmer John tires. Pretty funny

Scott