PPG Code for Team Violet

fat-tony

Staff member
Looking to paint a bike in awesome Team Violet. Anyone know the PPG code?

Not one to my knowledge. White first coat, When special mix coat to resemble old Milka wrapper, then the secret is a red pearl clear coat.

Attachments

• fatchance%20002.jpg
    fatchance%20002.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 48

misterdangerpants

Not one to my knowledge. White first coat, When special mix coat to resemble old Milka wrapper, then the secret is a red pearl clear coat.

Wow, super nice. I knew about the Milka wrapper, but not about the clear coat. I'm in the process of getting ready to place an order to IF for another mountain bike frame (sort of an updated rigid version of my Rhygin), so definitely want it painted in Team Violet.

DonH

Wow, super nice. I knew about the Milka wrapper, but not about the clear coat. I'm in the process of getting ready to place an order to IF for another mountain bike frame (sort of an updated rigid version of my Rhygin), so definitely want it painted in Team Violet.

I was not aware that IF would do a Team Violet paint job....I have an IF that is going to need a re-paint soon. Thanks for the info!

IF52

That'll be kind of ironic in a way I guess. I doubt there is anybody left at IF from the Fat days, or at least anybody with knowledge of the way frames were painted, but maybe there is and they'll know how TV was done.

misterdangerpants

I was not aware that IF would do a Team Violet paint job....I have an IF that is going to need a re-paint soon. Thanks for the info!

They'll paint it any color you want. I had a Titanium Crown Jewel built last year and had it painted a custom color.

rody

Mr. Danger Panties,

Team Violet has no code, as it was hand mixed by MF each time. One of the reasons that I've seen up to six different shades of the color.

When Fat moved to Saratoga, the painters there got so frustrated with requests for the color that they actually had a pre-mix ppg color made especially for them.

IF recently did a very nice Team Violet build...I saw pics on MTBR but could not find the thread now :confused:

Regardless, they'll take good care of you.

cheers,

rody

misterdangerpants

Is that the frame that was offered for sale at $1,600.00?

Yeah, I had put it up on eBay, but that figure was the starting price, not a BIN price. Took it down as I'm waiting for another frame that's taking longer then expected. My stable is in a constant array of change with my building/dismantling/buying/selling and just plain craziness.

Last edited:

misterdangerpants

Mr. Danger Panties,

Team Violet has no code, as it was hand mixed by MF each time. One of the reasons that I've seen up to six different shades of the color.

When Fat moved to Saratoga, the painters there got so frustrated with requests for the color that they actually had a pre-mix ppg color made especially for them.

IF recently did a very nice Team Violet build...I saw pics on MTBR but could not find the thread now :confused:

Regardless, they'll take good care of you.

cheers,

rody

Thanks Rody. I actually decided to paint my new IF Deluxe the same color as my IF Ti CJ (sort of a creamsicle orange), though the fork will be green to match the decals.

Is this the bike you were referring to?

Anyway, my Rhygin is being dismantled as well as my Yo Eddy. The paint on both are in excellent shape, but I'm thinking of having both done over. One will definitely be Team Violet. :D