brake posts for yo eddy

vdeocampo

upgraded my `94 yo eddy to v-brakes in 2005. unbeknownst to me, the bike shop rigged it w/ modified nuts and washers to hold the mounting bolts. now that i'm upgrading to better v-brakes, i'd like to do it the right way. i'm looking for standard 3/8 brake posts with course threads. i'm only able to find metric posts at the local shops. any ideas? see pics attached.

Attachments

• brake mount.jpg
    brake mount.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 11
  • brake post.jpg
    brake post.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 6

tvcreative

brake posts

paragon made them

they are not standard

Made for FAT that I know of....

ACME threaded, hard to find

good luck

jim

vdeocampo

paragon

thanks for the response. no luck at paragon. everything's metric. i even tried to contact chris chance directly. i actually met him while riding out of fairfax, ca last summer. anybody else have any suggestions?

Attachments

• vince_and_chris_lr.jpg
    vince_and_chris_lr.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 33
  • chris_chance_lr.jpg
    chris_chance_lr.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 39

tvcreative

I got my last ones from a former employee on the site, they were his last 4

but that being said, i was ready to heat up, pull off, and rebraze metric, followed by new paint

Rody at Groovy said that you could go to a machine shop and have a guy knock these out too...

but personally I would think you would need an old one as a guide

anybody else have ideas?

perhaps an old damaged frame with remaining studs?

vdeocampo

i'll give it a few more days to see if chris responds or anyone else comes through. i'm definitely considering the options you mentioned or even filing down the threads on the bosses and having new studs welded in. still requires new paint though.

your feedback is much appreciated.

theredchili

I'm sure Cannondale used the same thread- may be worth checking them out.

Mine were missing on a Yo and the Chap I brought the frame from fitted some off his Cannondale

vdeocampo

thanks. i'll swing by the cannondale dealer in town. figures though... i had an old cannondale frame from the mid `90s that i thought i'd already taken every needed part from before basically giving it away at a garage sale.

nathan

Nathan Baty

I am in the process of restoring a Team Fat Chance. Dug it out of the garage a noticed one of the brakes posts on the team fork is missing. If I order the metric replacements from Paragon (BK#2103), will this fit in the existing base or do I have to re-tap?

Last edited:
I am in the process of restoring a Team Fat Chance. Dug it out of the garage a noticed one of the brakes posts on the team fork is missing. If I order the metric replacements from Paragon (BK#2103), will this fit in the existing base or do I have to re-tap?

Hi Nathan,

I am not sure but Paragon is in Richmond so maybe bring one in next time your headed to Oakland to match up?

Love the Wild Flour Bakery out your way!

Jon