Celebrating 30 Years of FAT! - Official Party by Chris Chance & Wendyll Behrend

troda

Yes it was an awesome ride. On my way back to the Cape this morn so I misse the last ride. I'll talk to the doc tomorrow and get a surgical consult. Right now it's better living through medications. Thanks for the well wishes. You guys are an awesome group. Already told the wife a West Coast trip might be in our near future. I have a punch of pics from the weekend and ill regroup and post them when I get home
Thanks Tom

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
This sounds like it was a blast (all crashing aside). Thanks for the pics and updates from everyone that was there. Hopefully I will see you all at the 60 year anniversary celebration.

wickedwillie

Get well soon Tom....

Here are a few more photos. I had intended to take some additional shots today but the rain was relentless, unfortunately.

I brought my Santana and Ms. K's Monster Saturday:

IMG_2963.jpg

Some more shots of 831:

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

I think this was an '86, I loved the bars, blacked out 6206 crankset, and Tommaselli levers:

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

Headed out for Saturdays ride:

IMG_2987.jpg

Both of these cross bikes were off the map....now I have something else to covet:

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

I had a wonderful time and want to thank Wendyll for the fantastic food-that Guacamole was the sh!t-and hospitality, everywhere you turn there were little Fat-related treasures to check out and we all enjoyed a look back through the history of the brand and the bikes.

Thanks to Chris for the opportunity to celebrate awesome FAT bikes with him!

Thanks to everyone else for traveling such great distances, it was a pleasure meeting you all.

John

Administrator
Staff member
Great report and pics, thanks for sharing. Looks a really cool event.

the purple cross bike kills me.

A little story about the Purple Cross-Bike. Gene Bell who owns Belgen Cycles had the NOS frame hanging on the wall in his shop Friday Morning when Greg & I stopped in to pick up the Fat Chance Tandem. Gene told us he was planning to ride up to the Fat Party on his Salsa (& would probably never build up the cross bike). The next day when we cancelled the morning ride due to rain we decided to bring the Fat Party to Gene's shop & check out his bikes. The cross-bike was on his stand & nearly completed! Gene rode the bike from Stow to Morrisville to the Fat Party that afternoon

grd

Got back to the UK today. It was a fantastic weekend, met a really great bunch of people, and special thanks to Chris and Wendyl for putting the weekend on, and for John and Greg for their efforts, also good to know that Tom is on the mend.
I had 3 great rides, and got to look at some awsome bikes. The trails that Hardy has built around the Stowe area, and was good enough to take us around, are first class. I will post up some of the shots i have once I've got my computer fixed as it went bang earlier today and the iPad is not up to it.

ameybrook

A little story about the Purple Cross-Bike. Gene Bell who owns Belgen Cycles had the NOS frame hanging on the wall in his shop Friday Morning when Greg & I stopped in to pick up the Fat Chance Tandem. Gene told us he was planning to ride up to the Fat Party on his Salsa (& would probably never build up the cross bike). The next day when we cancelled the morning ride due to rain we decided to bring the Fat Party to Gene's shop & check out his bikes. The cross-bike was on his stand & nearly completed! Gene rode the bike from Stow to Morrisville to the Fat Party that afternoon

That's an interesting story. Has to be this bike as the builds are nearly identical.

user1612_pic436_1321319420.jpg

chainline

I believe that Jon is referring to the wild cherry cross bike. The team violet belongs to John funk one of Chris's long time team members for fat city cycles. John asked me to bring it with me so people could check it out.

colker

I believe that Jon is referring to the wild cherry cross bike. The team violet belongs to John funk one of Chris's long time team members for fat city cycles. John asked me to bring it with me so people could check it out.

I have a wild cherry wicked and a buddy of mine kept saying it was purple.. then he swore it was maroon.
Those subtle colors...

Spikes

How is the steerer on that Chris Cross done? It looks threadless, but as far as I know the were only made with threaded steerer?

Get well soon Tom....

Here are a few more photos. I had intended to take some additional shots today but the rain was relentless, unfortunately.

I brought my Santana and Ms. K's Monster Saturday:

IMG_2963.jpg

Some more shots of 831:

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

I think this was an '86, I loved the bars, blacked out 6206 crankset, and Tommaselli levers:

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

Headed out for Saturdays ride:

IMG_2987.jpg

Both of these cross bikes were off the map....now I have something else to covet:

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

I had a wonderful time and want to thank Wendyll for the fantastic food-that Guacamole was the sh!t-and hospitality, everywhere you turn there were little Fat-related treasures to check out and we all enjoyed a look back through the history of the brand and the bikes.

Thanks to Chris for the opportunity to celebrate awesome FAT bikes with him!

Thanks to everyone else for traveling such great distances, it was a pleasure meeting you all.

I believe that Jon is referring to the wild cherry cross bike.

Yup, My bad. Both of the Cross-Bikes were Purple I guess...or Team Lavender & maroon :). I was referring to the Maroon Bike: Here it is in Gene's Shop on the wall & then the next day on the stand:

2012-09-28110833.jpg

2012-09-29113901.jpg

I wish that I had a picture of just the fork to see what the steerer tube looked like. Gene had another Cross bike (which he called his Chinese Plastic Bike aka Carbon) which he borrowed all of the parts off of to build up the Criss Cross.

Wendyll also has a NOS Cross Bike which was hanging in Gene's Shop & I did get a picture of the fork but it's hard to tell if it's threaded or not:
2012-09-28103529.jpg

2012-09-28110827.jpg

Here is a picture of the (3) '83 Fat chances that were present. One was an old frame that Chris found in the barn. The other 2 were Greg & Michael's which they brought to the party. Notice the beautiful Vermont Trees in the background:

2012-09-30111726.jpg

Matt from the UK with his Yo Slingshot that he bought from Groovy!
2012-09-30113739.jpg

This guy Steve hosted all of the Huffy Throws at his house in Vermont & received this water-jetted Titanium drop-out scrap from one of the Fat City Welders one year.
2012-09-30113452.jpg

2012-09-30100525.jpg

Some old Sommerville Photos that were framed & behind Glass (thus the glare)
2012-09-30132153.jpg

2012-09-30132306.jpg

2012-09-30132239.jpg

Retro Dude

Looks like a great time, wish I could have been there.

My son and I had plans to go but we finished off his Eagle Scout project instead, building 54 feet of bridges over some wet areas in our favorite riding area.

Attachments

• DSC_1138 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_1138 - Copy.JPG
    322.8 KB · Views: 22

I-ROBOT

Hey Gang
So sorry I couldn't make it up last weekend. Really cool to see the pictures showing the Fat City sign that I built from tubing that was used on a trade show booth. I see that it had been modified but nice to see it acknowledged in the pictures.
Great memories, nice to see Chris in the photos looking trim and sporting the goat! He never had any facial hair during the Fat days in Somerville - guess he left that to us crazies in the back rooms.
Olive Square was a pit but some amazing machines rolled out of those creaky doors
Hope all the attendees had a good time and that they can do again some time and my schedule will permit.
Regards
Scott

billyb

Hey guys , was this at Wendyl's farm???? If so is the tree house still there?????? We camped in it one year for one of the last Factory parties.

Hey guys , was this at Wendyl's farm???? If so is the tree house still there?????? We camped in it one year for one of the last Factory parties.
Yes it is Wendyll's farm. Hmm Would that be the falling apart structure behind Chris in this photo???

ChriswithSlingBlade.jpg

troda

The pic with all the fats in the back of Hardys truck. The one from behind on the pass side Is one of My favoites. The "tools" are all packed up and ready to get to work