Glossy black YO Eddy

Chance Oviedo

thanks mate :) ... yes maybe I am one, just hopefully in a positive way!

I don't understand why some people are against this beautiful salsa stem?

gyo68.jpg

ok it's a bit long but there should be people with long arms! ..nevertheless I have found me a shorter stem :p

nsalsa.jpg

(the decals will be replaced by white)

I think it's fine, my friend has a 150mm Salsa stem that he rides just fine. I have a question though, that almost looks more like a salsa road stem. Is it an MTB stem?

vintagerider

Amazing build. Well done. THe pics are great too.

I am interested in the stinless braided housing. I have only been able to find the Jagwire version of this which does not seem to be nearly as nice as your.
Can you indentify the source for this housing?
Thanks

nader

Amazing build. Well done. THe pics are great too.

I am interested in the stinless braided housing. I have only been able to find the Jagwire version of this which does not seem to be nearly as nice as your...
mine are Jagwire ;) (5 mm Jagwire Ripcord Titanium) from US ebay.

WOODNICKLE

Finally snapped a couple pics...I only have my old iphone3 no "s" so please forgive the ****tay photos.

Attachments

• IMG_2586.jpg
    IMG_2586.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2587.jpg
    IMG_2587.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2588.jpg
    IMG_2588.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2589.jpg
    IMG_2589.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2591.jpg
    IMG_2591.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2592.jpg
    IMG_2592.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 16

nader

Is the clamp cut away to facilitate threading drop bars through or is it 26.0 mm?
Two tell-tale signs ;)
neither nor, it's 25.4 mm ;)

Finally snapped a couple pics...
very nice Monster with a nice fork ...I like it.

--

Small repair work on my glossy black
As is well known the Cookbros crank and XT bottom bracket don't like each other at all, but I have found a solution.

These two are both XT 730 bb. In one the axle was replaced with a 130 mm ...it works perfect. :)

gyo69.jpg

gyo70.jpg

gyo71.jpg

gyo72.jpg

WOODNICKLE

Hey, I think it's one of the very first Buck Shavers, my buddy in 1993 got his Wicked, maybe it was a monster, can't recall exactly, all I know is I couldn't afford the yo even at my racing team(Another Bike Shop) wholesale cost, so I wanted the cheaper larger tube diameter frame. I found out that they switched it to the Buck Shaver, thus that's what I got. I took delivery in late 1993 (my senior yr HS). Everybody else that has one is from 1994 or later I think. Yes, It has an IF fork, rare find provided from Jason at Spokesman Bikes here in SC. The first fork was a Threaded Manitou Three, followed by a new(at the time) threadless King HS and RS Judy which I still have.

nader

I finally got my new stem, Salsa 120 mm :kissyface

...and changed the colour of decals ;)

gyo73.jpg

I must admit, it's much better

gyo74.jpg

gyo75.jpg

gyo76.jpg

This build is now finished. :)

Last edited: