Paint recommendations

tvcreative

New to the forum...

Would like to paint my 90 Grello Yo Eddy and 90 Monster.

Is there a definitive list of preferred painters and places to secure acceptable repo decals?

Powder or liquid?

I don't want to go into this half hearted, and be sorry later.

I have gone down this path - with some disappointment - on a few Ritchey restos.

Last edited:

45Ronin

Hubcap

I'm saving my nickels for John at Hubcap Cycles to paint my 92 Yo. He comes highly recommended from Rody.

45Ronin

I had a bunch of stuff quoted (dimpled top tube, stuck seat post, etc.) so my quote would be off. I can say his price was VERY reasonable compared to other vendors I contacted. I also like the fact he has a steady flow of Fat Chance resto. work on his table.

Rody was my first choice but he's super busy for small jobs.

Hit him up here...John Upcraft <jgupcraft@gmail.com>

tvcreative

thanks paint recommendations

Thank you to those who have responded re: paint recommendations

Is D&D in still in the business of painting?

I am afraid I don't know enough about the legacy of fat chance and their former suppliers etc.

I have worked with Cycle ART a million years ago...and had some forks painted at Spectrum in Co Springs...but the outcome was just so so.... maybe I shouldn't have opted for the cheapest route in their many offerings.

45Ronin

Settemarche

Take a peek at the thread started by Settemarche reference his Slim build. He sent his frame back to Tom Kellog for a masterful spray. I've seen it in person and let me tell you the work is impeccable.

rthomer

I pretty sure D&D is still around, San Lorenzo,CA.
Also, Joe Bell in San Diego, and Carl at Vicious Cycles in NY.

djeickme75

Spectrum Powderworks

I had Spectrum Powderworks do a custom powder coat on a Carl Strong Custom Ti hardtail about 5 years ago. It was crazy expensive but the end results was gorgeous. They did a custom Hawaiian shirt pattern for me. They scanned a photo of a classic Hibiscus shirt that I had and then custom designed the powdercoat including etching the bare Ti on the seat and chain stays. I think it is perfect but it cost more than a new mid range hardtail so it is not for everyone.

Dan