Need help with frame identy???

BostonBobby

Im looking into buying what is said to be an 85 fat chance.
The Frame is Red and Yellow with fat stickers
however the frame extends from the back of seat to the top tube. exactlt like the GT frames are. Were there Fats made this way? Also the person said they could not find serial number? Any help???

fat-tony

Staff member
Post some photos if you have them. It would benefit you as well as others. Serial number would be on the bottom of the bottom bracket.

BostonBobby

Iam dealing with somone from online. And im just going to go by the old saying if its to good to be true then it prob. isnt. The woman is stating it was purchased in 1987 and given to her. It was never used. The pictures she has are blurry and even in the blur it does not resemble any fat chance Ive ever seen. It has triple triangle type frame on the back and I asked her to give me serial number and she could not find one?
she states it was "purchased" in 1987? Well before ebay,ect,ect. So that crosses out the chance of it being some sort of prototype from fat chance.
I asked her to check for serial number and she could not find one?
I asked her to take pictures and she did not.
IDK who she thinks Iam but I would NEVER think to purchase this bike with this information. And I sure wouldnt drive 2 hours to waste my time with it.
Looks to me to be a nashbar,shogun, gt or somthing else with fat chance stickers!!!
But I would hate to be wrong!!! hahaha
See thats the problem with us humans- we are greedy! We like to forget the obvious and hope for another result. In this case despite this woman being shady and not supllying me with any info I need to check out the bike. Despite fat chance not making triple triangle frames for production,ect,ect. I have actually taken 2 days of my time thinking about it MAYBE being a 1987 fat chance.

BostonBobby

Whats sold anyways now? Are you the person that was trying to sell that bike?
It says your from LA? The bike was in NYC?

BostonBobby

Everything Happens For A Reason

The bike I was wondering about in this post was QUESTIONABLE!
Very QUESTIONABLE.. And their asking price was $350.
So last night I was searching Boston Craigslist and found a 1992 YO.
Emailed the seller. Got a call back today. Met with Seller in Boston
and picked up my 2nd YO for $450. It is all original from the original owner.
Cook Bros crank and dog bone stem. Fat bars. Mavic rims. Shimano dx.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY..... The YO Fork!
The bike has a lil dent in top bar and the paint is beat!
However, I believe I got a great deal and now I can start to put together my dream YO outta the 2 I have. So a big FORK YOOOO! Out to all the scammers out there who try to scam people on Ebay and Craigslist!
And to all my True Fat Fans- Take your time when searching for your desired Bikes and Parts. Dont be too desperate. Eventually everything works out and you find what you need and leave feeling like you got a good deal instead of ripped off!
I cannot stand WEASELS and SCAMMERS and I hope one day one of them will give me a reason.. I dont call the Police! HAVE A GREAT DAY!

TeddVanB

The bike I was wondering about in this post was QUESTIONABLE!
Very QUESTIONABLE.. And their asking price was $350.
So last night I was searching Boston Craigslist and found a 1992 YO.
Emailed the seller. Got a call back today. Met with Seller in Boston
and picked up my 2nd YO for $450. It is all original from the original owner.
Cook Bros crank and dog bone stem. Fat bars. Mavic rims. Shimano dx.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY..... The YO Fork!
The bike has a lil dent in top bar and the paint is beat!
However, I believe I got a great deal and now I can start to put together my dream YO outta the 2 I have. So a big FORK YOOOO! Out to all the scammers out there who try to scam people on Ebay and Craigslist!
And to all my True Fat Fans- Take your time when searching for your desired Bikes and Parts. Dont be too desperate. Eventually everything works out and you find what you need and leave feeling like you got a good deal instead of ripped off!
I cannot stand WEASELS and SCAMMERS and I hope one day one of them will give me a reason.. I dont call the Police! HAVE A GREAT DAY!

I want some of your good luck! Congrats, enjoy your new toy.

BostonBobby

Wow. thanks guys for all the positive feedback about the 2nd Yo I found. But it isnt luck. I look every single day around the country. I have become obsessed with finding that true gem from the many barns and cellars of this country. However, Iam happy now I have a project to keep me busy for the winter here in Boston.
Hopefully by next summer I will be riding my dream bike.
I dont wish to become a Fat Chance Hoarder haha But I dont think I could resist buying a Monster,Shockabilly,Wicked, or any other fat if I found one for the right price. I regret not taking advantage of Fat City Cycles when it was a skip and jump away from me in Somerville. I imagine sometimes how cool it would be to have a hand made fat chance sign or some other one of a kind stuff from their closed building.
At any rate, Thanks alot for the messages. I thought I got a fair shake at $450 but now I know I got a good deal! IDK what the guys deal is on Ebay with the $5,999.99.99,99,9999999 bike but every other one thats been popping up on there has been outrages just about!