Suspension fork help....

Mojo Troll

Hello all,

Spring is in the air and Im thinking about putting a new suspension fork on my '93 Buckshaver.

I ran across a Zokes MX Comp with a 1" steer tube. The problem is, its an 85 mm travel fork. If I remember correctly, the '93's were only suspension corrected for 2.5" (65mm) max. I've been running a '98 Zokes Z3 lite (65mm), with a flat bar for years and love the feel, geometry, ride.

My concern is will the extra travel throw off the geometry very much? I really like the razor sharp handling of this frame and don't want to compromise it. Anyone out there got any input?

Wm. L.

My '99 Yo has a SID set to 80mm vs. 63, and it works for me. It's a 1 1/8 size though, and clearly seems suspension corrected compared to my 92 Fat. It (80mm) may seem fine to me because I do most of my trail riding on a bike with more slack head tubbe and 5 inch travel front and back.

ozfat

good head

I just could find any forks with a 1 inch steerer... and I got the FAT before I actually got into the bay.... so I got a local guy to graft on a 1 1/8 head tube onto it... he did an excellent job... seemless... yes the purists will hate me for changing an original team fat... but you got to believe me guys.. there was nothing here in oz... and I would rather breath life into it that hang it on the wall like a trophy wife.... anyhow - I put a set of Noleen Mega Airs on it - sweet - but mooved them across to the ritchey and whacked a set of white bros SL72's on it now.. the mega airs where set at 80mm and rode so sweet... its fun showing up on an old skool single speed fat and whipping ass....