93 -94

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I think both had the 'toothpick,' and had the same amount of sus correction (not much)....should be pretty similar overall. Why do you ask?

PTOWN Bikes

I have had a 94sm Yo since I picked it up in slumber-ville
I just got the 93m yo
the 94 I was smart enough to get the BOI
the 93 might end up with the BOI and my allsop stem - I am getting older and looking for a bit more relaxed position
I do have a set of NOS Judy SL with 1" steerer that I wanted to make sure were okay for the 93
I will have a 1' steer Maitou up for dibs with in the next few weeks

ChiefBroom

What did you figure out and/or decide to do? I have a Somerville-made '94 Medium Yo Eddy! that I bought new and a '92 Medium that I just picked up. I believe the '94 is supposed to be suspension-corrected and the '92 not. But I don't know what the difference is or understand when, why, or how much it matters. A '95ish Judy SL with White Bros. cartridge is on the '94. The '92 has a Marzocchi Bomber (Z3 Lite). It stands about a 1/2" taller at the front of the top tube than the '94.

.jan

I don't think the 1993 frames were suspension corrected. As far as I know, they started in 1994. But I'm not really sure.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Nope. '93 is sus corrected. Not by a whole lot---an extra 15mm or so? I posted pics of a 92 and a 93 side by side once to illustrate it, but it might be on rbuk.

Of course, I don't know if that is across the calendar year, or if there were non sus corrected early '93s, just that my '93 is.