my repainted Yo with Headbadge

kevin881

Well, here is what Vicious did in 10 weeks. I cant say that the photos do it any justice, as the florescent lights in the garage makes the color in photos terrible.

The reality is that this paintjob is incredible.
I am very impressed with Vicious.
The headbadge was done by Jen Green.

Yo Eddy!

Very sweet! I recognize Saratoga style gusset, machined dropout, a 1-1/8 headtube (?) and no last cable stopper. What points at it that you got the correct seattube decal and you have one of probably very few NY Team Violets!

Nice Audi & Lexus too btw :D

kevin881

Melvin,

I actually had Vicious remove the last brake cable stop off the seatstays. Since this frame is indeed a NY build, I figured I would update the components I put on it. It wont be too much of a period piece restoration.

If you can see our cars in the background you can also see a Kandy Wild Cherry frame (photo 3) Massachusets build. For that one I am collecting parts from 1990-1994 to put on it. eBay lights up my mailbox whenever something shows up. Thanks to MikeNYC I have the cranks already. :D

rody

Melvin,

You always make me laugh...best I could tell, Kevin has one black and one silver car. No chance I'd know the make from the blurry backround :D

Kevin, the frame looks totally saucy! Can't wait to see the build full on.

cheers,

rody

kevin881

Thanks Rody. I would have started the buildup yesterday night, but I dont have the 16 tooth wrench for the race face BB and crankset. :/

I had to order one off eBay.

I also need to figure out what suspension fork to use with this bike. I have a RockShox SID race, but the color clashes with the bike awfully. Its either paint the fork, or buy something that is more neutrally colored. Anyone have any suggestions for a black (I think would be best) good quality suspension fork, which isnt too expensive? I was looking at Marzocchi stuff, but know nothing about them. Id go with a Fox Forx but so damn expensive.

:/

MikeyNYC

kevin881 said:
Well, here is what Vicious did in 10 weeks. I cant say that the photos do it any justice, as the florescent lights in the garage makes the color in photos terrible.

The reality is that this paintjob is incredible.
I am very impressed with Vicious.
The headbadge was done by Jen Green.

Kevin,

That head badge looks great, how is it affixed to the head tube?

Looks slick!

Michael-NYC

kevin881

Michael,

I used 100% silicone caulk to affix the headbadge.
I didnt see any reason to go with JB Weld or anything like that... its very permanent. The caulk should last 10 years with no problems and the paint will be preserved if I need to pull the badge off or something.

Yo Eddy!

kevin881 said:
Thanks Rody. I would have started the buildup yesterday night, but I dont have the 16 tooth wrench for the race face BB and crankset. :/

I also need to figure out what suspension fork to use with this bike. I have a RockShox SID race, but the color clashes with the bike awfully. Its either paint the fork, or buy something that is more neutrally colored. Anyone have any suggestions for a black (I think would be best) good quality suspension fork, which isnt too expensive? I was looking at Marzocchi stuff, but know nothing about them. Id go with a Fox Forx but so damn expensive.

I think a matching fork, like FAT did back then, would be nice. Of course a lot work, sending the legs to Vicious and again asking them to do a Team Violet paintjob...

Pace do black forks and those forks do have a quality look. As do White Brothers. What about a Fox? Don't know whether they will work for your FAT as I am not the suspension guru :D

MikeyNYC

kevin881 said:
Michael,

I used 100% silicone caulk to affix the headbadge.
I didnt see any reason to go with JB Weld or anything like that... its very permanent. The caulk should last 10 years with no problems and the paint will be preserved if I need to pull the badge off or something.

I had my Wicked repaint tapped and threaded so the Head Badge is screwed on, I just felt better about doing it that way and Vicious properly took care of the details, it was included with the repaint...

Michael-NYC

fatf**knchance

Fox forx definitely worth every penny! you can get them at 80mm which is pretty close. Marzocchi would take second though. Bike looks great!