• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Team Wicked Lite - ebay

bonsaii

Team Jersey paint scheme

Super-cool color! It look a bit sun bleached..?

I have one of these in S/M. It is not for sale, though....;)

-bns

Last edited:

jbrannsten

Staff member
Super-cool color! It look a bit sun bleeched..?

I have one of these in S/M. It is not for sale, though....;)

-bns

It does look very sun bleached indeed.

BTW: This is a Wicked, Bonsaii's is a Yo. First time I have seen a Wicked in this color.

DC

This bike just got reposted, first time it had very little description calling it a Yo with one pic. Now it is a Wicked with a slightly better posting.

AB

I emailed the seller and suggested the description change after a closer look at the photos. Color fade would be reasonable considering the location - So.Cal, but no rust! Steel may be real, but rust never sleeps.

Ranxirox

Does anyone know if ths is actually a "Wicked lite"? :confused: I have never heard of a Team Fat being a Wicked Lite. Please help.

The serial # according to the ad is 02409. But this bike has all top tube cables and if it is a wicked that would make it a 93,94 or 95. and by then FC had adopted the ###,model,year,size format. I.E. 123WL4ML= number 123, Wicked Lite, 94, Size Medium/large.

I am Cornfused!

Is anyone near Sants Monica to check this out? At the very least it as a YO Team. If I can swing the bucks I will bid on it. Or, if it doesn't sell I will make him an offer.

I don't think it looks faded (well maybe a little) I think just fat Pepto Bismol colors + bad photography.

OK, Now he has a Shock-A-Billy up that is a 96 Chris Chance design from New York.

I'm going to send some mssgs. to him. I'll be back.

AB

Tips

By "Team" I meant that it has the fairly rare Team jersey paint scheme - not a Team issue bike.

Serial numbers can be confusing, but when the Wicked Lite replaced the Wicked in 93 I'm pretty sure Fat still only used "W" in the number and I wouldn't be to sure that the serial number listed was read correctly. Obviously this guy liked Fats so he should be pretty helpful with any inquires. Good Luck

Doug Carter

Staff member
I asked about the bike, and he wasn't much help. More photos haven't been forthcoming, either. He also refused to acknowledge the fact that $150 to ship a bike was insane and more than triple of what it should cost. He is basing the number on how much it cost him to recently ship a bike to Hawaii, as if that is a similar comparison.

I would have bought it already if he was even mildly helpful and his shipping numbers weren't completely whacked out. It's the bike I have been searching for since this site was started 5 years ago.

:(

AB

Sorry to hear that he is less than helpful and not very reasonable, but one solution might be to buy it and have an accommodating member simply pick it up in person then ship it out at a more normal cost. Just seems like you may want to take the chance since these don't come up much at all as you know.

smittylube

once again Jeff is a very nice guy and very into and active FC cult member. he might be kind enough to Pu and ship 4/2 you..

Sorry Jeff, dont get mad at me for volunteering you.. but you know us fat chance people are like family right? ;) Heck if it was close to me I would want to see it.

steve

settemarche

Smitty,

no worries. we can go up for an inspection. from what Doug mentioned this guy does not really seem to interested in being helpful...

i will in town until the 20th.

Sette

rthomer

I work in Santa Monica, could check it out if Sette can't. Sette's far more knowledgeable than I but if you list your questions I'm game to swing by and inspect. And I won't buy it, have plenty of incomplete projects.
Robert

AB

shipping

Plus it looks like he may have come to his senses about the shipping:

"ground shipping will be alot cheaper than airfreight quoted"

rthomer

Yo or Wicked

In response to the question about this being a Yo or a Wicked, I see eyelets for fender mounts on the seat stays. That would make it a Wicked right??
But the serial number still seems strange.

bonsaii

Wicked

Could it be a Fat Chance or Wicked that was re-paintet in 1992 in Team Jersey colors?

I have a 1989 Wicked (and original sales card) with SN 00149, but the Wicked was also produced in 1988 with SN format ex. 00740W. (So, mabye when the Wicked was introduced in 88/89 the first frames was Fat Chances with Wicked decals?)

It's definitively not a Yo Eddy, but very interesting! Hope you get it, Doug!

-bns

it's a wicked. either that or a custom. check the geometry, the chainstays.

Doug Carter

Staff member
I was seconds away from throwing in a last minute bid to take this thing, and a major risk, but thought better of it. The listing and re-listing, not knowing anything about the bike (could you even get a Wicked Lite in a M/L?), his incomplete thoughts when answering my questions, and his general lack of interest in answering anything or providing better photos led me away from this one.

As much as I'd like it on my way to my house at the moment, I didn't feel like throwing away $700.

Maybe if someone here sees it and vouches for the condition, I'd do it, but he refused twice to answer if it had rust, dents, scratches, if it had been repainted or anything else you couldn't gather from 3 blurry photos.

Meh. :(