The Monster gets a modelling job

MonsterMan

Been some time since a post, hope all are having a great summer on their bikes.

Had an assignment to shoot the best bike trails in our county as chosen by reader's, but got the assignment right when I went to M-F day shift, so finding folks out actually riding was tough, so I pitched the Monster on the car, loaded a backpack with a camera body, lenses, brackets, arms, a big and tabletop tripod, radio remotes and headed out on the trail for some self-portraits to illustrate the article.

Had a blast, hated the heavy pack on my back, recipe for disaster for me or the gear, especially with that arm hanging out to one side of the bike, but emerged unscathed.

Enjoy summer, stay safe......

Paul (Monster Man)

Attachments

• Bike Trails 17.jpg
    Bike Trails 17.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Bike Trails 02.jpg
    Bike Trails 02.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Bike Trails 08.jpg
    Bike Trails 08.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Bike Trails 05.jpg
    Bike Trails 05.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Bike Trails 19.jpg
    Bike Trails 19.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Bike Trails 11.jpg
    Bike Trails 11.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 55

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Nice! The first rolling shot is quite cool.

Are those shoes Specialized Ground Controls? I used to have a pair I love----still look for them online/parts bins. The full cover/flap on the top of the foot made them great for clips/straps too.

MonsterMan

Ground Controls, yup!

Nate, yeah, love 'em too, these are starting to fade on me and I am gonna hate having to find something that fit me and worked as well....

lilredvette2

Haven't riiden P.K. How would you rate that trail? I live in Arlington and have been looking for some new places to ride.

MonsterMan

PK trails

Sorry about the slow reply, the PK trail I rode wasn't bad, not very long though, both trail heads are within a coupla hundred feet of each other so you can do one then do the other. The one I rode was getting somewhat boring, then it started to get rocky and gain some elevation heading up a good-sized hill, so that made it much better. If I head that way again from Fort Worth again I will also ride the Weatherford-to-Mineral Wells trail to get some more distance in.

JohnTheWrench

I also live in Fort Worth! Love your bike! Check out Sansom Park, a little slice of singletrack heaven right here in the West side.

MonsterMan

Sansom Park - Agree!

John, You bet, it is great...... we've been doing bombing runs through Gateway Park lately, flat-ish and fast but still damaged from spring storms so watch the cliffs along the river, the drop if you miss would be really serious.... thnx for the compliment, will ride the Monster until the seat tube breaks! Paul (MonsterMan)