Mt, Bike tires

fat-tony

Staff member
Hey all:

I am searching for some NOS (or close to it) tires for my Yo re-build. I ran panaracer smoke lites (1.95 in the rear with a 2.1 in the front) back in the day, but I am open to anything from around the years 1993-1995. No slicks, this ain't no road bike. :)

Any ideas where to find some? PM me if you have any you are wanting to sell.

Thanks

rick

vintage tires

First Flight Bikes had some Panaracer tires made from the old molds. I am not certain what years that they were originally sold, but I bought quite a few pairs for my bikes. They might not be as good as some new designs if you are doing aggressive riding, but for a vintage ride they look great and it is nice to be able to have "old" tires that are not cracked and such.
Give them a call or check their web site for more info....

fat-tony

Staff member
rick said:
First Flight Bikes had some Panaracer tires made from the old molds. I am not certain what years that they were originally sold, but I bought quite a few pairs for my bikes. They might not be as good as some new designs if you are doing aggressive riding, but for a vintage ride they look great and it is nice to be able to have "old" tires that are not cracked and such.
Give them a call or check their web site for more info....

Thanks for your info, but I believe their repro panaracer tires are Timbuks which were actually more late 1980's or so. If I can not find something else, I might go for them. I appreciate it though!

schneidw

I purchased a NOS Merlin circa 95/96 that came w Hutchison Mosquito Lights ; I presume these tires are original to the bike based on everything else that came on the bike and the appearance of the tire...

I have since stripped the bike down and rebuilt w some 8-Sp gearing and new tires so if your interestd, drop me a line

Thanks
WHS

settemarche

Fat Tony,

i have a set of Smoke/Dart. Kevlar bead. Gumwall. 3 rides on a packed dirt trail out behind my house. still have the neardles on them. let me know if you want a pic?

Ciao,

Sette

fat-tony

Staff member
settemarche said:
Fat Tony,

i have a set of Smoke/Dart. Kevlar bead. Gumwall. 3 rides on a packed dirt trail out behind my house. still have the neardles on them. let me know if you want a pic?

Ciao,

Sette

check you PM's

mwr

NOS IRC Geoclaw gumwall tires are available on ebay, cheaply. They are right around ~1993 vintage and are a perfectly nice tire, at least in dry SoCal climate..

fat-tony

Staff member
lucifer said:
Dude NOS onza porcs on the bay all the time. The perfect tire!

those are Porcs 2's all black that I thought were more like 1997 or so. When where Porc 2's all blacks made ?

lucifer

Actually I think these are of recent manufacture using the old molds, which is a good thing as they aren't all dried out. But if its a museum bike you seek to build you can always pay hundreds for nos white ones. :)

fat-tony

Staff member
lucifer said:
Actually I think these are of recent manufacture using the old molds, which is a good thing as they aren't all dried out. But if its a museum bike you seek to build you can always pay hundreds for nos white ones. :)

I never liked the looks of the white Porcs or Magics, not even if they were 10 bucks a piece.
I am just funny that way. :0