Yo Betty

rick

Ordered this 10" frame (and two others) when Fat City announced that they were closing up shop in New York. Colr is Raspberry Ice, serial number is YB 10 065. Built it up for my wife, but it has rarely been ridden. A basic XT build with Marzocchi fork, Thomson post, Titec stem, Easton carbon bar and Chris King headset. Wheels came off of an older bike of mine, rear hub is Hershey Racing, front is Chris King. Skewers are American Classic.
My apologies for the poor picture, I have no talent for this. When the weather warms up, I'll drag the collection out into the sunshine and get some decent pictures.

Attachments

• DSCF5767[1].jpg
    DSCF5767[1].jpg
    500 KB · Views: 72

colker

The tiny headtube is amazing! Which is your favourite ride Rick? The bike you like riding the most?

rick

The tiny headtube is amazing! Which is your favourite ride Rick? The bike you like riding the most?

yes the headtube is very short indeed. IIRC the top tube length is the same on the 10" and 12", just a shorter seat tube. With such a small frame, it is also really light.

I started out on a Wicked many years ago (1989, still have it) and they have always been my favorite bikes. Although not very common or popular once the Yo came out, I think that the Wicked Lite is a great bike, ride my 94 regularly. I have a 91 Monster that I really like but the Manitou fork on it is awful, so I need to replace before riding it much. If I want to ride rigid I usually pick my 90 Team Comp. For single speed, I can chose an 89 Wicked (rigid) or a 94 Yo (hardtail). My primary road bike is a Slim Chance, a really great bike. I also use a late 80s Fat Chance as my daily commuter, with racks and fenders. My "race " bike is a NY Ti Fat; great bike, very light, climbs really well, but I do wish that it had disc brakes.
We have a bunch of other Fats too; some just part of the collection, some for the kids, etc, but these are the ones that I use regularly.

colker

yes the headtube is very short indeed. IIRC the top tube length is the same on the 10" and 12", just a shorter seat tube. With such a small frame, it is also really light.

I started out on a Wicked many years ago (1989, still have it) and they have always been my favorite bikes. Although not very common or popular once the Yo came out, I think that the Wicked Lite is a great bike, ride my 94 regularly. I have a 91 Monster that I really like but the Manitou fork on it is awful, so I need to replace before riding it much. If I want to ride rigid I usually pick my 90 Team Comp. For single speed, I can chose an 89 Wicked (rigid) or a 94 Yo (hardtail). My primary road bike is a Slim Chance, a really great bike. I also use a late 80s Fat Chance as my daily commuter, with racks and fenders. My "race " bike is a NY Ti Fat; great bike, very light, climbs really well, but I do wish that it had disc brakes.
We have a bunch of other Fats too; some just part of the collection, some for the kids, etc, but these are the ones that I use regularly.

I started mountain biking in 91 on real steep, tight, slippery woods trails. Always wanted a Fat Chance but it wasn't imported here. What we had were bikes designed for fast, dry, buff trails. Some years ago i finnaly built a FC wicked lite and realized my intuition was right: it is the perfect bike for trail riding in this area. Point and shoot, planted rear wheel, tall bb and mellow all around behaviour. It doesn't want to go fast.. it just wants to keep going up, down, up, down..