Original parts

smittylube

SO I have some original stuff in great shape and I am wondering what to do with it.

I have
mavic 231 black 36 spoke rear wheel- not matching front.
Salsa quill stem,
Fat chance flat bars,
6 speed xt thumb shifters,
Avocette seat,
Mag 21 (I think)

All in great shape but I went with the wheel set , 8 speed , judy, xt shifter/brake combo so I dont expect to return them to the bike. I am not going to make a sho bike. I want to ride and will continue to ride.

Should i offer them up here for those in search of those hard to find parts?

Should I hang on to them and throw them out in 4 or 5 years when I am tired of looking at them (just kidding)

Steve

smittylube

This is not the for sale section.. I dont want to ruffle any feathers.. just trying to discuss/ figure out what I should do.

Sounds like maybe move this to the for sale section and post some pics..

Steve

fat-tony

Staff member
This is not the for sale section.. I dont want to ruffle any feathers.. just trying to discuss/ figure out what I should do.

Sounds like maybe move this to the for sale section and post some pics..

Steve

Maybe Doug will move it over, but I am interested in the salsa stem. Does it have a roller, what size is it. Hit me a PM if you are wanting to part with it.

peace.........

RobTu

you should keep the parts in storage until you are absolutely sure you have no use for them. many of those parts are hard as hell to come by, so once you are rid of them, you will most likely never see them again...unless it's on ebay going for a mint.

smittylube

That is what I was asking. Probably best to hang on to them.
I think I did good or Jeff treated me right with all my upgrades.
They worked out very nice.

Steve

petfox

As mentioned before, I would keep them. However- I need the Salsa stem for my Yo, today i got a Salsa bar, all I need is a steem around 130mm. So if you decide to sell the parts.... or maybe you a 150mm Salsa stem NOS?

fat-tony

Staff member
As mentioned before, I would keep them. However- I need the Salsa stem for my Yo, today i got a Salsa bar, all I need is a steem around 130mm. So if you decide to sell the parts.... or maybe you a 150mm Salsa stem NOS?

I already have dibs. See post above. :)