Yo Betty! raspberry ice - color combo

bonsaii

Some years back I bought a Betty for my wife and fitted a red Bomber on it. The frame is so small and cute, and the Bomber is to large and heavy. Some weeks ago I bumped in to a mint condition Yo Eddy! fork, in a strange green metallic color. Anyone know this color? (It will not fit the camelon.)

Anyways, since this fork is mint and has its original paint, patent-sticker and Eddy's on the fork blades, it is out of the question to re-paint... :)

I think the colors may fit each other as they are both metallic and approx same color temp. I've see green KOOKA brakes and cranks, so mabye the Deore and LX equipment has to go in the future.:D

So, here is a question for ya': will this green color fork fit the raspberry ice Yo Betty! ?

Attachments

• DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    285.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0010 (2).JPG
    DSC_0010 (2).JPG
    235 KB · Views: 22

mainlyfats

You bumped into a mint Yo fork in NORWAY? Is that where they all are?

I think that'd be a great combination. As you say, maybe a few colour-matched green bits to tie it all together.

bonsaii

I think that'd be a great combination. As you say, maybe a few colour-matched green bits to tie it all together.

Thanks for reply, and back-up on the combo!!

Haha, yes there were some intrest for Fat products in Norway in the mid 90'. As for my self I bought one of the two Team Jersey colored Yo Eddy!'s in Norway about 15 years ago. A friend of mine worked at the importer of Fat back then. The interest stuck with me over the years and now I acutally have a small collection of frames and other stuff.. :D

The latest fork came with an offer I could'nt resist!

Cheers!

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I think it'd look great---swap it out and try. At the very least it will ride wonderfully.

If you had extra parts around, a silver post and maybe stem would look great too.

Nice find!!

jbrannsten

Staff member

Yes we are collecting anything we can get our hands on...

He he, even more funny is that bonsaii lives less than a mile down the road for me and I met him through a fellow friend the other day (the guy that sold him the mint fork). I also worked a few years for the Norwegian importer of Fats and worked together with the one that sold him the '92 Team... guess it is a small world.

But, what to do with all those Fats.. looking at this picture taken a month ago it doesn't look like we'll be able to use them for a while.....and it has fallen way more snow since then.

P1030454.JPG

Using the Fats in the winter in Norway is not an option because of all the salt they use on the roads...and I guess we all know what the result of that is, that is why I now have a Ti Fat:D

bonsaii

I think it'd look great---swap it out and try. At the very least it will ride wonderfully.

If you had extra parts around, a silver post and maybe stem would look great too.

Nice find!!

Thanks for the reply!

I will mount it, but need a Chris King Devolution, or equal, to do it as the Betty is 1 1/8" ant the fork is 1".. This will take a few days, but I'll post new pics then..:cool:

bonsaii

But, what to do with all those Fats.. looking at this picture taken a month ago it doesn't look like we'll be able to use them for a while.....and it has fallen way more snow since then.

Hi there jbrannsten! Thanks for reply..

As kids my friends and I climbed these roads to Kampen with our bikes in the summer, and sledges/snowracers in the winter. We had some really good times in this area, and a lot of speed going down, I tell ya'll! Very nice picture!

Sneiks!

settemarche

Bonsaii,

that bike is great. i have been searching for one for my wife was well. slim pickins here in the states.

the Yo fork should be pretty cool. but, then again i think the Bomber is cool too.

as for the winter. might be time to dust off the WRC car and go for a spine. the weather here in California is good. maybe i will go surfing and then riding. i better not forget the sunblock ;-)

Sette

bonsaii

Bill Hicks

as for the winter. might be time to dust off the WRC car and go for a spine. the weather here in California is good. maybe i will go surfing and then riding. i better not forget the sunblock ;-)

Sette

Hahahaaa!

This comment got me thinkin' of Bill Hicks , "Goodbye lizzard-scum".

"Is'nt it great, every day hot and sunny, hot and sunny every day.. What are you a ****in' lizzard? Only reptiles feel that way of this kind of weather..."

And continues:

"I'm a mamel. I can afford scarfs, coats, cappuccinos and rosie cheeked women; and all are availabel for sale....on the streets of New York."

Cherio!:D

bonsaii

New fort on the Betty!

As the green fork first planned had a too short steerer tube (14" Betty head tube is 105mm), the two color BOI had to be fitted. It's originally from/for the Titanium. The upper silver part goes fairly well with the silver decals on the Betty!. Mabye some blue parts..

Wife is happy..:D

-bns

Attachments

• DSC_0014.JPG
    DSC_0014.JPG
    356.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 33

bonsaii

Big wheels

Haha:D , there's 16 spoke Shimanos with Panaracer Smoke (Dart). I agree, they look large on the cute little Betty!.

bonsaii

Womans saddle

Haha, I know.. It's a girly edition and not yet adjusted correct.

I know, the frame is super-nice! Supa-dupa-fly!