95 or something XL Yo!

IF52

OK, it isn't perfect but it is close to what I want. Still keeping my eyes open for a 135mm Ringle and working on a few different fork options, not rigid. Other than the XT thumb shifters it is an ABS build, and pretty much the way I would have built it in 95. In fact it is pretty close to how my IF was built in 95.

YoEddy.jpg

YoEddy5.jpg

Don't mind the mismatched wheels. Anybody got a spare green Ringle Super Eight the aren't using.

IF52

Nice! If only you got the Chameleon forks that just went on Ebay.

Thank you. Yeah, I saw that fork. I had a really low bid on them but they came up at a really bad time so I didn't pursue it much further. If my wife sees one more fork show up she will kill me. I'm working on several different 1 inch fork options right now, including a SID/Judy franken-fork. On top of that I have 3 seperate Marzocchis including a really clean Superfly. Marz tech told me they would sell me a new Superfly crown with a 1 inch steerer for it, so I may do something with that. Heck, if I found an uncut Mag21 crown/steerer right now I would...ah never mind.

And what since Rody obviously has nothing better to do, I could always have him paint something up to match ;)

IF52

I'm glad someone got an XL Yo. I've pretty much given up!

I don't want to rub salt in the wound, but if anybody had bothered to bid against me they would have won that auction. I had bid up to I can't remember what right at the start of the auction. Then the last day of the auction I got a notification from ebay that the seller had lowered the reserve. I was at exactly the reserve amount with my max bid, so I added on like a 30 or 50 dollar buffer fully expecting to get sniped at the end of the auction. In fact I was afraid I would win and have to explain it to my wife :eek:

I think it was when we came back from my birthday dinner (no kidding) and I saw an e-mail on my Q that I had won the auction. I almost puked.

No more bikes for a while, just small parts like fork guts and leg donors for franken fork projects.

IF52

That's what I keep telling myself and then another great deal seems to come along that demands my attention... :p

Yeah, I think my butt would demand medical attention if my wifes sees another frame show up. However, if a Rhygin, Nevil or another Brew in my size came up I might have to work something out. Gotta make headway on the eastcoast bike theme.

I think once I finish the bathroom and kitchen pantry she may ease up a bit :redface:

mainlyfats

I just got an MA Merlin - 21.5 inch - last week. I wasn't really looking, but it found me.

At least something's come off my list of dream bikes...

mainlyfats

Niiiiice!!! So you're going to share pictures, yeah?

You know what? I kind of feel like a big poser on this site now... "mainlyfats"... at the time I had 4, I now have zilch. NONE! I should change my name to mainlyhunters as that'd be a better reflection of the current state of the stable; I've got two of those. Mainlymass might kind of work if you consider the Merlin and my wife's Wojcik.

Anyway, sure, I'll throw a pic or two up in the non-Fat section.

In the meantime, any XLs out there looking for a new home? Help me get my name back!

IF52

A bit of an updated build. Now a mix of M900, Bullseye, Ringle, and some other odds and ends. Ignore the pedals, they are what I have on hand.

YoEddy-3.jpg

YoEddy-1.jpg