Cable Rub

masiman

Hi All,

I am noticing cable rub on the right side of my head tube. I am not sure if this is from my few days of riding or if this was from previous.

My Wicked has the 3 right side top tube cable stops. What do you all do or recommend to protect the paint where the cables run by the head tube?

Thanks

sancho

Some of my bikes are fairly close in color to your standard hardware store variety electrical tape (dark blue and orange). If your Wicked is orange or yellow, you could stick a portion of tape wherever you get/anticipate cable rub (don't forget the rear brake cable, near the seat collar!). Works pretty well for a while.

Yo Eddy!

In Holland for many kids it is obligated to protect their schoolbooks with a kind of transparant sticker material. This material goes round the covers. It comes on a roll, it is much and it comes cheap. Works really well on bikes too. It is not tough enough to stand hits of the chain for a long time, but it is defo tough enough for cable rub protection.

Maybe this stuff is available elsewhere too ? :cool:

MikeyNYC

Hi All,

I am noticing cable rub on the right side of my head tube. I am not sure if this is from my few days of riding or if this was from previous.

My Wicked has the 3 right side top tube cable stops. What do you all do or recommend to protect the paint where the cables run by the head tube?

Thanks

I found this soft clear rubber hose material at a local hardware store and I cut little sections then slit it down the middle and put it over and covered my cable housing where it meets the frame, it works pretty good :)

lilredvette2

3M makes a "squeak reduction tape" to stop rubbing noises in dashes on cars. It is clear so your color shows through and thick to protect for a long time. The part number is 9325. I have it on my buckshaver, yo eddy, and my f/s to stop rub marks.