Wicked Lite Fork

YANDO

Looking for a factory rigid fork for a N.Y. built Wicked Lite, color is not an issue. I have a vintage suspension forks and stuff for trade or cash.

Thanks... -John Y.

colker

Was there ever a longer unicrown made for the wicked lite? From eyeballing pics at catalogs i would say it's the same wicked fork which is similar to many 1.75in rake 400mm a-c unicrowns out there.
mine is a wicked lite w/ a wicked fork and it's as stable as i need it.

tvcreative

well they only made a wicked lite one year (not true three years), and mine came with a manitou 4 shock at 410mm

the catalogue has a unicrown that I was always told was SUS corrrect.

I have an optional ingleheart fork that came off a wicked lite, it is in fact 410mm and 1.75" rake

so...they probably made them with and without SUS correction

Last edited:

afterbang

I'll have a neon green Wicked unicrown fork for sale once I get my other frameset back from paint and built up. If you find that that's something that would work, just let me know and I can email you when I'm not using it anymore.

YANDO

I don't remember any fork with 1.75 rake. The standard Rock Shox of the day was 1.5 if I remember correctly. So the closer to zero the more twitchy the steering? So going from a 1.7 to a 1.5 is like mounting a Bontrager crowned fork up front?

rick

wicked lite fork

they only made the lite for one year? I have not pulled out the catalogs, but that does not sound right to me. I know that they did not make many, by that point in time the Yo was the most popular bike.
My Lite is a 94 and I have the orginal fork. I'll put a tape measure to the fork and compare to a Wicked fork

tvcreative

i just went thru catalogues wicked lites were made 93, 94, 95. If someone else knows different, i could use the lesson. Sorry.

YANDO

Hey,
A big thank you to all... I wish I could get this kind of response from my kids!

Pleasure working with you guys. -John Y.