Hi there, here's my Wicked Fat

Doug Carter

Staff member
Awesome! Boy, I miss my RevRoks. I raced on Spinergys for a few years and loved them. Plus, they look SWEEEEEEET!

Nice ride, and welcome to the forums.

-doug

Yo Eddy!

Never rode one, but I think a Wicked must be a great bike to ride on. Longer chainstays and smaller diameter tubes makes it more comfortable I can imagine.

Once considered buying a Wicked Lite in Aquafade with matching fork. It was in the shop for a many months and everytime I saw it I became more and more greedy. One morning I awaked and couldn

Toolmaker

Sorry, by Team I did mean a Yo Eddy. I had a ride on one and loved it. It seemed to have a longer top tube and a bit more rigid. The Wicked is a very comfy bike indeed. I still have the original 1" threaded rigid forks for it too, in yellow. Although they are not the straight bladed forks they're the ones which came with it.

So many nice bikes here. Cool site. Nice work fella's

rick

Yo vs. Wicked

to Melvin's question....

Yes, all of the Yo Eddys were decaled as "Team Fat Chance", don't get them mixed up with the Canadian Team Chance bike that was for sale recenty, that was not a Fat City bike.

The Wicked was their top-of-the-line bike when introducted in 1987. When the Yo arrived a couple of years later, it probably took sales from the Wicked, and I believe that it was always more popular. The sloping top tube design of the YO (and others) became quite popular, and in later years the Wicked was marketed as an "all-around" bike, not necessarily as a race bike.

The Yo is a great bike, but my personal fave has always been the Wicked. If you can find a Team Comp or Wicked Lite, they are even better. The 10th Anniversary might be the best, but they are too damn rare to really ride.

just my opinion...