Vanguard Lizard Series cantilever brakes

jpicard616

Found a set of these on Ebay and was wondering if anybody knew anything about them. They look a lot like Tri-Aligns or onza HO's, which both work pretty well, but I know a bunch of 90's cnc stuff was prone to cracking... plus $150 seems a bit high of a price for these. I've been looking for a cool set of canti's for a while now, and cant seem to find the right ones. I like how adjustable this stile of canti is, and was considering WTB's for a while, until a bunch of folks mentioned they're prone to coming unadjusted and cracking. Any suggestions would be welcome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-NEW-VAN...961?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e8163e711

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tvcreative

I would not at that price

there are a bunch of NOS WTB brakes on ebay that pose themselves as new,

I bought a pair and they suck. and they don't come with the right hardware or instructions

they have the same pads as the set you are referring to....

I always wonder if half this stuff is knockoff material made by LI CHI or someone - feeding into the retro/vintage frenzy nowadays

jpicard616

I used to have some M900's on my touring bike, and they worked pretty well. I was just interested in something a bit wilder looking.

tvcreative

I like old paul stoplights - a little difficult to set up but work well for me. pricey

grafton speed controllers, are cool, never tried them though

chefmiguel

Agree with TVC, Paul brakes are great, IRD switchbacks which are a pain to setup but earn your love when you pull on that lever.