• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

FS: 1990 Yo Eddy w/ original fork, sz L

Woody

Hello all,

It's sad that I just discovered this site at the same time that I've decided to sell my beloved Yo.

It hasn't been ridden since at least 2007 even though I just recently built up as a single speed ... but still not ridden which is why I'm selling. I don't like being a curator.

Year: 1992 late summer
365Y2L
Size: Large
Color: Long story here ... originally painted yellow as seen and ridden for a year or so, but then joined Fat City Grass Roots racing program so I sent the frame & fork back to have painted team colors (violet fade to dark purple with little Yo's all over, but it did not have the fluoro pink). Then in 94 I got a 'real job', quit riding, and stupidly felt self-conscious about having a team color paint job and being fat and slow ... so I sent the frame back to have it painted back to the original yellow. The fork however is still the dark purple and was basically never ridden as I had a shock on it from when I had it painted team colors. I know, very stupid to have a custom paint job undone, but it's been painted by Fat Chance 3 times in it's life!

So it's yellow with a dark purple fork.

As stated it's built up as a SS right now:
Brakes: XTR
Brake lever: SRAM 9.0
Wheels
: Rolf Propel paired spoke. Very good condition.
Bars: Bontrager XXXlite carbon riser (new)
Stem:
Easton EA70 Aluminum with ahead-set converter insert
Headset:
Ritchey Logic (new)
Crank, BB & SS cog: Stylo SS (all new)
Chain: SS (new)
Singlenator (new)
Seatpost: Thompson aluminum (new)
Saddle: Flight ti rail with gel insert (not in photo)
Grips: Big Earl (new)
Bottle cage: American Classic
no pedals

Frame is in great condition. No dings or dents, but some typical paint wear etc around the chain stay, etc.. It has the anti-chain suck bolts (added when I sent back to have repainted), but I don't have the hardware.

I can provide more detailed photos to anyone interested.

I realize it's not period correct, but I'm asking $800 given the condition of the fork alone ...

Attachments

• Yo Edward.jpg
    Yo Edward.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

WVEddy

nice bike

Wish I was not in the middle of a rebuild otherwise I would be all over that.

Woody

Just an FYI - your bike was made in 1992.

Okay, so I just spent some time looking through old hand-written cycling logs because I swear I bought it in 1990. I have an entry in 1990 for a "new bike", but it doesn't say which one. I guess that was my Specialized Stumpjumper Team (hand welded by whatever his name was).

... Wow, am I getting that old that I can't remember stuff like this? Crap.

The serial number certainly does seem to indicate it's from '92. I guess that makes sense. Bought it in 92, had it painted team colors the following year in 93, and then repainted back to yellow in ??

I know I couldn't have had it painted to team colors beyond the summer of 93 because by March of 94 I was working in the real world - I was still at the shop & riding fast when it was painted purple :D

edit: Okay, it's coming back - had to be 92.

Last edited:

Woody

Photos

Here are some photos of my Yo.

The fork looks black in the photos, but is in fact dark purple. It's mint other than the scratch where someone leaned it up against a rock (yes, they're dead now :))

Attachments

• IMG_2123.JPG
    IMG_2123.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2122.JPG
    IMG_2122.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2120.JPG
    IMG_2120.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2117.JPG
    IMG_2117.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2116.JPG
    IMG_2116.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2106.JPG
    IMG_2106.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2105.JPG
    IMG_2105.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2102.JPG
    IMG_2102.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2124.JPG
    IMG_2124.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Woody

This is it ...

Lots of interest, lots of emails but no action so here is the deal ...

Complete bike as-built = $750

Frame & Fork (+ headset) = $550

No - I will not sell the fork separate ... unless it's for $550 and you get the frame as a bonus.

After this it goes to some local races with a for sale sign, eBay, and my LBS.

Last edited:

Woody

Yo is back off the market

Sorry mkozaczek, and others, but at the last second my son decided he wants wants the Yo.

So, it's no longer for sale.