'93 YO Eddy Aqua Fade Restoration

nader

... Thinking of doing a '94 Yo (which Chris Inglehart big one inch replica) in same Aqua Fade.

do it ;)

If you wanted to remove the Syncros "hardcore" logo off your handlebar...

No I don't intend this. I like this bar

yoaqfa37.jpg

Where did you bought that nice saddle, have a yellow one, but I want a blue one..
yes such a Flite I've been looking and recently discovered by chance on ebay.

flite_blue.jpg

yoaqfa45.jpg

The bike is almost finished, I'm waiting for blue grips (ODI or Yeti) and also I'm still looking for Michelin Wildgripper in 2.1 width.

As already mentioned I want no colored parts as Ringle on this bike (for riding you always have to fall back on the old rated parts such xt, suntour, campa).

I thrown away the original plan to go with suntour xc pro, now are xt 720 and I'm happy

yoaqfa51.jpg

There are also two other bikes (Merlin, Ritchey) which are waiting to get ready, so I've rebuilt a couple of my bikes. The result is two beautiful YO Eddys, Grello and Aqufade with parts that I like.

Grello now with full XTR M900 series

yo-eddy285.jpg

yo-eddy286.jpg

And Aqua Fade with XT 732 series :kissyface

yoaqfa52.jpg

yoaqfa53.jpg

yoaqfa54.jpg

...unfortunately no right weather for biking
yoaqfa55.jpg

Last edited:

chefmiguel

I enjoyed this thread as much as your others. I have learned not to say what I like or don't like of your builds since it will probably change a few times before the end of the week. Another nice build.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Super nice!

I'll agree with some of the others and say the frame can do its own talking color-wise. Black grips and saddles would be sano.

nader

Thanks alls for feedback :)

But mates why you do not like the saddle? I like it (I had to have something colorful)

yoaqfa60.jpg

yoaqfa61.jpg

The grips ...yes they are so crap but saw in the pics very well, where I bought them (they are just a temporary solution)

yoaqfa62.jpg

yoaqfa63.jpg

THIS is my dream bike :kissyface:kissyface

yoaqfa64.jpg

.....and I know we all love it ;)

yoaqfa72.jpg

To see more go to THE LORD OF STEEL ;)

Last edited:

nader

A few small changes ... and I like it more and more :)

I've been waiting for such a cute stem a long time (it's just 10cm long)

yoaqfa79.jpg

The result is a sweet yo eddy in aqua fade :kissyface:kissyface

yoaqfa81.jpg

yoaqfa82.jpg

yoaqfa83.jpg

yoaqfa84.jpg

yoaqfa85.jpg

yoaqfa86.jpg

Last edited:

Syborg

Hi Nader,

has become a real beauty, the Yo Eddy. Perfectly matched Syncros parts. Now the bike must only be moved appropriately. I wonder, however, what comes next from you.

Wish you a lot of fun with your Yo Eddy

Many greetings towards Hamburg

Helmut

nader

Hi Nader,

has become a real beauty, the Yo Eddy. Perfectly matched Syncros parts. Now the bike must only be moved appropriately. I wonder, however, what comes next from you.

Wish you a lot of fun with your Yo Eddy

Many greetings towards Hamburg

Helmut

thanks Helmut ..as next I would look forward to a titanium FAT :cool:

Hi Nader what cables have you used?
Toni, the front cables are Jagwire Ripcord Titanium

DocChill

Your Yo Eddy...

@Nader
Hi,

really, really the best FAT resto I've ever seen... great job, a dream of a bike :)!!! My Ti became ready at the same time (in March 2013)...

Best regards,
Daniel