Best Suspension fork for 1" Yo Eddy?

Veloseller1

Hi,

I am new to the Forum so I want to say hi to all the other Fat Chance owners.

I just picked up a really sweet Yo Eddy that was never even really ridden. The frame and all the parts have almost Zero wear. It is amazing! I am really excited to join the Fat Club!

It is almost a shame to ride this Fat!

I was wondering the Best Suspension fork for 1" Saratoga Yo Eddy?

I see Marzocchi makes a MX for 2006 1" fork with 85mm of travel.

Would 85mm be to much for my Saratoga built Yo eddy?

Can you recommend a Newer fork that would work well?

Thank You

Attachments

• P1010027.jpg
    P1010027.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 25
  • yo2.jpg
    yo2.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 13
  • yo rear.JPG
    yo rear.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Veloseller1

Suspension Fork

The new Yo has an old School bomber on it. I don't mind the somewhat limited travel as I don't
know any better. All I have ridden has been 90' era stuff. I just wish I could buy a fork that had lock out,better dampaning and lighter weight like some of the new forks.

Thanks

lucifer

Hippy tech will custom make you a sid that meets those requirements. The price is about on par with a brand new one at full retail though...
The only thing you will have to compromise on is travel. You really don't want more than 63mm (or 80mm with 10mm or more sag). Anything bigger will blow the wonderful handling of the bikes.

Veloseller1

Fork/Hippietech

Cool Thanks!

Hippietech may be a good option depending on my budget.

If not do you know some of the better options in terms of what brand and model to try and buy in a used suspension fork? Thanks!

fat-tony

Staff member
welcome

lucifer said:
Hippy tech will custom make you a sid that meets those requirements. The price is about on par with a brand new one at full retail though...
The only thing you will have to compromise on is travel. You really don't want more than 63mm (or 80mm with 10mm or more sag). Anything bigger will blow the wonderful handling of the bikes.

I ride a Hippie Tech Rockshox on my Yo and it is amazing. It is very light and utilizes a 1" threadless steerer but has all the newer SID package. It ain't cheap, I believe Jerry hooked me up for about $400. Make sure you keep in mind what brakes you want to run on the front due to the brake hanger or no hanger at all.

Id look at getting a set of old Judy SL's then fit them with white bros air inserts... thats whats hanging off the front of my bike and they are awesome... :)

96 SL's, later V-brake brace and air inserts, you also have the advantage of and extended 85mm of travel!!!

Mojo Troll

Contact Marzocchi,

Its been a couple of years ago when I contacted them , but Marzocchi would press a 1" steer tube into forks in the 85 travel range. Like I said, this was a couple of years ago. Things certainly could have changed since then.

I recently seen Marzocchi MX Comp 85 travel with 1" steers for sale in the big mail order shops. Not familiar with them, but they've been going for $190-$240. Sounds like you dont have a problem with a modern fork on your Fat. Might be worth checking into.

Also, Marzocchi's in the late '90's made a bolt on steer tube for several forks. Might try scoring a fork from this era with a 1 1/8 and replace it with a 1" steer. Again contact Zokes on this one.

AS you can tell. I'm a Marzocchi fan. Just options to check into. Good luck.