1987 Wicked. Hammerhead stem?

vintageman

Hello all. New here and first time posting. I recently snagged this '87 Wicked Chance for sale locally. Guy had repainted it (with a can of grey paint and paintbrush). I got my trusty tin of Lacquer thinner and a rag and brought it down to what I believe to be the original colour. Decal wear matches the paint wear. I'm looking to know if this is indeed a Hammerhead stem that was introduced for '87 Wicked. any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• WickedFatChance.jpg
    WickedFatChance.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 42
  • hammerhead.jpg
    hammerhead.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 25

clockworkgazz

Hello all. New here and first time posting. I recently snagged this '87 Wicked Chance for sale locally. Guy had repainted it (with a can of grey paint and paintbrush). I got my trusty tin of Lacquer thinner and a rag and brought it down to what I believe to be the original colour. Decal wear matches the paint wear. I'm looking to know if this is indeed a Hammerhead stem that was introduced for '87 Wicked. any help is appreciated.

that looks sweet- great colour think I gotta get me one of them well cool.

sancho

I'm looking to know if this is indeed a Hammerhead stem that was introduced for '87 Wicked. any help is appreciated.

Doesn't look like the Grove hammerheads, but they could have done something different for FAT. Is the quill attached?

vintageman

Yeah its a one piece stem. Description for a Grove chance hammerhead is dual pinch bolt with cable noodle, so I figured this may be it. looks alot like the Syncros Cattleprod stems built here in the early nineties.