• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

FT/FS 1993 Yo Eddy S/M

afterbang

So, this may be a long shot...

After tinkering around with this build for months and now having all the parts for it, I just am not happy with the size of my Yo. What I am really looking to do is find a nice size medium, Somerville Yo that doesn't have any rust issues to trade for. I don't care what the condition of the paint is, I just want something with no dents and no rust issues that I could get refinished.

If that isn't gonna happen, I guess it's time to let this one go. If someone has a size medium Monster that's in fantastic shape, maybe something could be worked out too.

I bought this from fat-tony, who put a superbly nice paint job on it with original decals. I haven't even finished the thing, so it's in just as nice of condition as when I received it. The pictures in no way do the paint job justice. It has a reddish hue in the clear coat and sparkles beautifully in the light. He said it was suspension corrected, I couldn't find/afford a BOI, so I put a Yo fork on it.

IMG_7599.jpg

IMG_7600.jpg

IMG_7601.jpg

fat-tony

Staff member
photo

additional photo from when I had the frame......

Attachments

• fatchance%20002.jpg
    fatchance%20002.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 21

afterbang

Tony, I don't even know if a medium would be a better choice, to tell you the truth. I'm 5'8" w/ a 31" inseam and my legs are long compared to my torso. I based buying the thing from you off the top tube length, which is pretty close to perfect, but the bike just feels small underneath me (if that makes sense).

My 18" Wicked feels so dialed in. Like absolutely perfect. I just wish I could get the Yo to feel as comfortable. I know you sized up to a medium, do you have any thoughts on the difference? Wish I could test ride a medium, but that isn't gonna happen. Maybe a suspension corrected fork would make it better...

jpicard616

Tony, I don't even know if a medium would be a better choice, to tell you the truth. I'm 5'8" w/ a 31" inseam and my legs are long compared to my torso.

I'm just at 6ft with a 32" inseam, and I ride pretty comfortably on an XL Yo. Supposing you're lavender Yo is a S/M (?), then you might want to consider bumping up to a M/L if you can find one.

fat-tony

Staff member
I'm 5'-8" with an inseam of 31 inches. I ride a medium and it feels right to me. You need to find someone with a Yo frame in medium and give it a whirl around the block or two, or better yet, some single track. There has to be plenty of Yo's up in your neck of the woods so that you can give it a test ride.

colker

The S/M Yo has a longer effective top tube than an 18in wicked.. Fit is a weird thing indeed. i am 5'9 w/ 32in inseam and was fit by a shop to a SM Yo.
I ride an 18in wicked and a small Ibis mojo. Both should be too small.. but then i just ride them. the wicked fits me better than the MOjo and both have the same top tube, same wheelbase.

RobTu

I think I'm your guy.
I have a medium Mass built Yo, no rust. I'll post pics this weekend.
You're looking for a straight trade?

afterbang

Heck yeah. I really did not want to deal with selling this thing and buying another.

PM me and we will figure something out. I think I may have sold a Wicked to you?

afterbang

To all that messaged and hoped to buy, I am going to try and see if one of two offers to trade for a Medium will work out. I apologize to anyone that was hoping to get their hands on this, but I would very much rather just have a different frame than money.

RobTu

Heck yeah. I really did not want to deal with selling this thing and buying another.

PM me and we will figure something out. I think I may have sold a Wicked to you?

Yes, we've done business :cool:
The Wicked is on the "project to complete" list; have all the parts; now just need to assemble it.

This is my Yo frameset; the no logo silver CK headset and seatpost collar will not be included. I can take better photos; let me know what you think. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3047.jpg
    IMG_3047.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3044.jpg
    IMG_3044.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3035.jpg
    IMG_3035.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 26