• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Wicked Fat Chance - 1989

bandm

Selling my Wicked Fat Chance (1989), manufactured in Somerville, Massachusetts. Excellent shape, never been crashed, original paint, no dents, no rust, minor scratches. I am the original owner - Asking $1000 + shipping. Sorry, will not ship outside US. Please send me a PM if you have interest or want further information or detailed pictures.

Specifics:
Serial number - 520W09
Size 19.5
Color - Kandy Wild Cherry
Handlebars - Answer TaperLite
Bar Ends - Onza
Grips - Ritchey Tru Grips
Headset - Shimano Deore XT
Shifters - Shimano Deore XT
Brakes - Shimano Deore XT
Seatpost - Shimano Deore XT
Seatpost QR - Shimano Deore XT
Derailleurs - Shimano Deore XT
Crankset - Shimano Deore XT (46-36-26)
Pedals - Shimano Deore XT platform
Chain - Shimano Hyperglide narrow
Hubs - Shimano Deore XT, 32 hole
Freewheel - Shimano Hyperglide (13-30)
Bottom Bracket - Shimano Deore XT
Rims - Mavic Oxygen M6CD
Saddle - Avocet Gel-Flex
Stem - riser (no name)

Attachments

• IMG_4409_SMALL.jpg
    IMG_4409_SMALL.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_4413_SMALL.jpg
    IMG_4413_SMALL.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_4415_SMALL.jpg
    IMG_4415_SMALL.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4423_SMALL.jpg
    IMG_4423_SMALL.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_4403_SMALL.jpg
    IMG_4403_SMALL.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_4404_SMALL.jpg
    IMG_4404_SMALL.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4406_SMALL.jpg
    IMG_4406_SMALL.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4414_SMALL.jpg
    IMG_4414_SMALL.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Selling my Wicked Fat Chance (1989), manufactured in Somerville, Massachusetts. Excellent shape, never been crashed, original paint, no dents, no rust, minor scratches. I am the original owner - Asking $1200 + shipping. Sorry, will not ship outside US. Please send me a PM if you have interest or want further information or detailed pictures.

Specifics:
Serial number - 520W09
Size 19.5
Color - Kandy Wild Cherry
Handlebars - Answer TaperLite
Bar Ends - Onza
Grips - Ritchey Tru Grips
Headset - Shimano Deore XT
Shifters - Shimano Deore XT
Brakes - Shimano Deore XT
Seatpost - Shimano Deore XT
Seatpost QR - Shimano Deore XT
Derailleurs - Shimano Deore XT
Crankset - Shimano Deore XT (46-36-26)
Pedals - Shimano Deore XT platform
Chain - Shimano Hyperglide narrow
Hubs - Shimano Deore XT, 32 hole
Freewheel - Shimano Hyperglide (13-30)
Bottom Bracket - Shimano Deore XT
Rims - Mavic Oxygen M6CD
Saddle - Avocet Gel-Flex
Stem - riser (no

Nice Bike!

Last edited:

bandm

Yes, you are correct jonsonneborn, it is the same bike. As yo-Nate-y mentioned, there is less to deal with when selling locally - transfer/verification of funds, setting up shipment, etc. The ad has been updated to match my asking price on this forum, primarily to avoid the confusion the mismatch is causing.

BostonBobby

Peopl are crzy! They see some outrages prices on Ebay and believe they struck Gold!
True, ANY FAT CHANCE Is a GREAT BIKE! However, Id much rather find my own via. Craigslist,etc. I have this exact bike a little scratched up but all original- the price I paid....... $250 in South Boston Massachusetts! Good luck to the seller and the potential buyer. I speak my mind. Just wanted to speak on the outrages prices people think theyre gona get for their Fats.

mainlyfats

Peopl are crzy! They see some outrages prices on Ebay and believe they struck Gold!
True, ANY FAT CHANCE Is a GREAT BIKE! However, Id much rather find my own via. Craigslist,etc. I have this exact bike a little scratched up but all original- the price I paid....... $250 in South Boston Massachusetts! Good luck to the seller and the potential buyer. I speak my mind. Just wanted to speak on the outrages prices people think theyre gona get for their Fats.

There's a ratio to be determined by someone brighter than me of cost-to-distance from Somerville, with added penalties for international borders.

I'm glad you got a bargain, but - from where I sit 60 miles north of the US border in the middle of Canada - his price for that bike sounds like a deal.

fat-tony

Staff member
What folks want to charge and what people pay is strictly up to the individuals. If something is priced high in your option then just wait for the next deal to fall into place or work harder to find the deal. Simple as that (except for the dude that thinks his Yo is worth $5999 on Ebay. Still tired of looking at that one :D)

tvcreative

I can tell you the dude with the $5900 Yo, is a notorious shyster weasel LBS that lays out ridiculous prices on everything they post on FLEAbay

but some people will pay anything...

It is getting more difficult to find a deal on any FAT nowadays

so if you find one in fair shape, snap it up while the gettin's good.

tvcreative

A good YO is hard to find...

most issues are with rust, finish condition, and lack of rigid fork

back on subject, this wicked on this thread seems like a dandy in terms of condition.

It may be slightly high, but i think not. WICKEDs rock ride-wise, more comfy on my tookus than my 1990 and 1991 Yo's comparably equipped.

BostonBobby

I would not want a Yo unless it had the original fork. I guess I got realy lucky? I dont think I would ever sell it unless I was realy hurting for cash. It has been a long time since I even seen one for close to reasonable. I guess my point is, I dont knock anyone trying to make a buck. But to be honest I cant stand Bike flippers! I lovr my Fat cause it reminds me of Warm summer Nights in Boston as a child! I can remember the 1st time I ever seen one. Kenmore square outside the Ratskellar on my way to Fenway park. It wasnt the grandest color sceme but it stood out and showed character! Alot more character than people who act like Fat Fans but are on Ebay trying to rob people for $5,999.99.99.99 for a bike they probably bought from an old cyclist that assumed he was selling his beloved to a person that would cherish the bike like they had! But instead the weasel shined it up and threw it up for sale! At any rate, excuse the ADHD rant! lol Anyone have any idea if a Fat from the 80s would have a frame resembling the GT frame style? Any help would be appreciatted!?

tvcreative

love it

great bike, based on serial number is it a 1990 vs 89? I have never been really sure on how to read them...

I thought the number following the Letter was the year, and the number after was the size...

Can someone out there clarify?

mkozaczek

Hey BostonB

I hear ya, case in point this nice Yo on eBay right now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250900670248?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

That bike sold in Boston today for $500 and it was listed only minutes after it was sold...

I will no doubt resell two of the three Yos I bought, but I'd like to think I'll restore them to their former glory before selling and not just simply flip.

It's a hobby and a passion for me and I like to build something up and move it along to a new owner that will hopefully appreciate it!!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bandm

I'm pretty sure my Wicked is a 1989, been a few years. I have a copy of the retail price sheet and specs for that year. Not sure why I would have it for that specific year other than I was purchasing the bike. I might even have my original sales receipt and some other Fat City Cycles literature if I look for it.

chainline

Hey BostonB

I hear ya, case in point this nice Yo on eBay right now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250900670248?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

That bike sold in Boston today for $500 and it was listed only minutes after it was sold...

I will no doubt resell two of the three Yos I bought, but I'd like to think I'll restore them to their former glory before selling and not just simply flip.

It's a hobby and a passion for me and I like to build something up and move it along to a new owner that will hopefully appreciate it!!

This yo has been on eBay so many times it's not funny. Got a friend that tried to buy it.and it has been the same seller. This person has done the same thing every time....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.