Decal question

DaveH

My 91 Yo did not come with the Chris Chance signiture sticker. Can anyone tell me did that decal only come on certain models or did it start at one point in time or was it applied randomly or what.

DaveH
033Y1M

Doug Carter

Staff member
A '91 should have had it on the chainstay... it may have been repainted once. What color is it?

Doug Carter

Staff member
Very strange. They should have all come with those decals.

Then again, there was NEVER any consistency with anything Fat did. I'm suprised there weren't bikes sold without decals at all.

confused.gif

DaveH

Maybe since mine was the 33rd built in 91 they were still hung over from the new years!

DaveH
033Y1M

Doug Carter said:

Then again, there was NEVER any consistency with anything Fat did. I'm suprised there weren't bikes sold without decals at all.

confused.gif

brad

DaveH said:
Maybe since mine was the 33rd built in 91 they were still hung over from the new years!

DaveH
033Y1M

My 91 Medium Yo didn't have that decal either.

069Y1M

Black w/ Pink/White decals.

Brad

MikeyNYC

Doug Carter said:

confused.gif

Hey Doug,

I actually once ordered a frame direct from Fat City and I asked them to please leave the decals off and to send me as many color options that they had at the time, that's why I have so many extra sets of those old decals! They never cease to amaze and dazzle everyone, eh? ;)

Regards,

Michael-NYC

Jeeves

Yep - I had a similar experience. I told FAT that I didn't like the blue/purple stickers on the TI, and they sent me mine with modified Wicked Lite stickers - the two tone black outline ones. They look HOT, IMHO, but it does make the bike an oddity. Long story short, they weren't all that uptight about the stickering.

-Raj

MikeyNYC

Jeeves said:
Yep - I had a similar experience. I told FAT that I didn't like the blue/purple stickers on the TI, and they sent me mine with modified Wicked Lite stickers - the two tone black outline ones. They look HOT, IMHO, but it does make the bike an oddity. Long story short, they weren't all that uptight about the stickering.

-Raj

Raj,

Do you have a photo to post of your Ti Fat with those decals?

Michael-NYC

Jeeves

Good memory, Melvin! Thanks for posting the link.
I'll see if I can take a better photo of the decals at some point - you can see that there's a "lite" sticker stuck on the top tube - just a random oddity, I guess.

-Raj

DaveH

Ok one more how many of the little 1" eddy decals do most of the eddy's have mine has 2 on the fork and one on the left seat stay.

DaveH

Doug Carter said:

confused.gif