my YO

fat-tony

Staff member
1993: small/medium. New SID Rock Shox from Hippie Tech Suspension (1" steerer). Stripped my old ride so that I could ride my dream bike! Pretty much all old school Shimano XT with some Dean and Ritchey thrown in. Some LBS engineering to create a hanger for the cantilever brake cable so that it would fit on the new fork. I am strongly considering a new paint color of Team Violet and then will build the bike with all new componentry to go along with the new SID Rock Shox.

Attachments

• mybike2.jpg
    mybike2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 51
  • mybike3.jpg
    mybike3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 114

scant

will be interested to see any Team Violet respray as I need some forks done, post the pics up here :D

already looks nice tho :)

Nice YO!

What color is that? It looks like a blue/green fade? I like the old dean parts!!! Is that a 29.4 Dean seatpost or do you have a shim?
Cheers,
Wes

fat-tony

Staff member
my yo

Scant:
Rick at D&D Cycle out of San Lorenzo, CA will probably be doing my respray. I forwarded photos of a Team Violet Shock-a-Billy to him so that he could get an idea of the paint color. He just got in a Chris Chance road frame in that color for a respray so he has the color. Rick explained that he had to "eye ball" the color right down to the red violet pearl coat. I would caution you that if you want some new forks sprayed to match your frame, then I would guess that you would want whoever is doing the job to also have your frame so that they can perfectly match the team violet colors since this is being done by "eye". I am still waiting to hear back on some decals so that I can forward them along with my frame to Rick.

Fattyboombatty:
That is a 29.4 Dean seatpost. Dean is going to send me some replacement decals since mine are peeling.

I am going to post some better photos hopefully on Tuesday. It is not a fade, but a metallic Sapphire Blue/Teal color.

Zook

Can you post the contact info for D&D? I can'y find 'em on the web.

Is this the Same D&D that did original Fat Chance custom paint jobs? my Wicked has a little D+D decal @ the bottom bracket...

Thanks,

-Z

fat-tony

Staff member
d & d cycle contact

Zook:
It is my understanding that the east coast shop that painted Fats closed down years ago. This is the west coast sister company shop. Rick with D & D did not paint Fats back in the day, but just has a great shop. I believe he does all of the Ritchey work. You can give him a call at: phone; 510 278 2976, FAX; 510 278 6553. I have not used them before, but he seems like a real nice guy.

fat-tony

Staff member
my yo

maybe some better photos:

Attachments

• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 38