Wicked resto of sorts

smittylube

Outstanding-- just got the new fork from Rody...

I will try and fit it this week... Amazing finish. looks killer.
thanks Rody,

Steve

smittylube

Then I bought this ringle stem from fatboombatty, (it matched better) I had these bars not being used.

Rody made me a bio fork in the stock yellow,

Mainlyfats was kind enough to send me a set of xtr V brakes.. I got some new pads and noodles for them and with a bit of mod to the internals of my brake levers.

It looks like this now!

Just under 24 lbs as seen

Feels great just riding around the shop and the parking lot... will try and pound some trails this weekend to finish testing.

Attachments

• bio.jpg
    bio.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 34
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 48
  • more2.jpg
    more2.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 29
  • xtr.jpg
    xtr.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 25

colker

pedals are heavy. swap them for lighter stuff or take out those reflectors..:D
and seatpost qr is heavy as well. place a bolt there.

smittylube

Ahh yes busted. You can see the pics in my garage I took off the reflectors ;)
I am trying to find a qr for my seat like the wheels.

Boy I rode it on some local trails today...... Great till u get to the rocky stuff..... Not so sure I can handle the solid. Climbs like a cat for sure. The 26" wide bars fell fantastic , stem is solid also, and now I can stop really nicely with my new brakes!

Oh and my bathroom scale at home said 22 ( yeah right) after I took off the plastic pedal do dads.
;)

colker

Ahh yes busted. You can see the pics in my garage I took off the reflectors ;)
I am trying to find a qr for my seat like the wheels.

Boy I rode it on some local trails today...... Great till u get to the rocky stuff..... Not so sure I can handle the solid. Climbs like a cat for sure. The 26" wide bars fell fantastic , stem is solid also, and now I can stop really nicely with my new brakes!

Oh and my bathroom scale at home said 22 ( yeah right) after I took off the plastic pedal do dads.
;)

those reflectors are heavy!;)

smittylube

Took off the reflectors and pedaled it up the hill this morning... perfect morning, last night rained finally about 1/4" so the dust was gone.. not quite enough to get rid of all the powder, but really good conditions after 5 or so months of dry..

Bike climbed as good as I can remember- probably better, single track this thing rails... Only a few sections was I missing the front sus..
No brake squeel like my canti's, but not quite a disk..

Attachments

• rigid.jpg
    rigid.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 31