• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

for sale - aqua fade yo 17"

yoeddynz

my girlfriend hannah is in the process stripping her 93(ish) yoeddy and plonking the stuff on her broeddy frame which rides a bit less stiff she thinks.

So its going to be up for grabs. Its a medium(?) 17" aqua fade with lots of scratches but the stickers are all there- photos soon. has a chunk of paint missing on top tube from bar spin. No dents, no gouges. good usable condition- maybe one day a nice flick of paint eh?....

It comes with a pewter chris king no thread set. !" of course.

Not sure on what its worth as we have several fats and have not been reading about them- just riding(last post on here- 2004!)

any suggestions on what its worth would be appreciated.

will post overseas..... or trade frame for 3 weeks lodging for 2 in colorado or similar mtb paradise....

cheers
alex

bruce t

Hey NZ,

Values seem to be a bit over the map -- If you have the original Yo fork, these seem to sell for crazy money -- one just sold on ebay for $510. The matching frame sold for the same cash as the fork. Both were pretty beat up. At the same time, a Yo frame with a beat suspension fork and some other parts, newish paint, no stickers, didn't get a bid at $350. A chameleon fade frame only, pretty good shape, sold for $500. So it's a bit hard to predict.
A complete bike Yo with segmented fork sold on ebay for $610 a few weeks ago. So try your best to make sense of all that, and you're a better man than me.... But all indicators point that you're better off parting out stuff than selling complete bikes. If you have the fork, sell it separately.

It'll probably go for more than the frame. Chris King threaded headsets also sell for almost new money, which further cements the deal.

Cheers, bt

kokies

But the complete yo with fork had the tange segmented fork, not made in house (I think). Which is supposed to ride better, but not as desired around here (I think).

justinf

I think you guys are talking about the bike I picked up, the camo yo eddy? How can one tell the difference between the in-house fork and the Tange fork? I'll check it out and report.

It's coming together nicely, btw.

yoeddynz

wow- And kicking about I have a brand new 19" frame and fork('90 ish) at my brothers. not sure what I should do with it as its spot on my size!
Chris Igleheart built me a fork a while back which worked out loads cheaper than an original one...I needed it for my 98 yo as i couldnt find any out there.
I think we should just watch the scene a little and work out what the frame is worth to Hannah.

I did not realise how big the fan base is for these bikes!!! not surprised though- bloody good bikes! I'll never sell mine!

alex