• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Wicked Fat Chance Circa 1986 eBay Item number: 7230512103

MikeyNYC

Is the seller of this bike:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7230512103&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Wicked Fat Chance Circa 1986 King 1" Sid Cook Xtr Phil - eBay Item number: 7230512103

A member of this group?

Check this listing out just for the verbal sparring alone, it's quiet entertaining...I say that everyone here band together and take this item OFF of your ebay watch list, as the seller is only having his ego fueled by the interest from all of the "watchers"

Enjoy,

Michael-NYC

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fat-d

He's also been increasing the BIN price - currently over $4000. It was around $1500 last night, IIRC. The Q & A commentary is pretty funny. I doubt the seller is a member of this group, but you never know....

rody

Mike,

I totally disagree. I think this guys outlook is very curious and fun to watch. What I would suggest is let's all participate in the auction by making REALISTIC offers. I know I sent mine in for $180 :D

I don't think that would deflate this guys enthusiasm but maybe it might re-color his perspective a bit.

Remember, the difference in people should be celebrated because that's what makes life fun to watch!

cheers,

rody

scarrylarry

I personally think that he fell and busted his melon.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
He is completly delusional. 4800 bucks for a wicked? What a laugh

Doug Carter

Staff member
Definitely entertaining...

I should send him photos of my Wicked and let him know what I paid for it.
biggrin.gif

Doug Carter

Staff member
Nah, I know for a fact that the guys giving this guy a hard time are all doing it for the entertainment value. There is no negativity

MikeyNYC

Chance Circa 1986 eBay Item number: 7230512103

Jack Lantern said:
Just too bad to see something as cool as a Fat Chance be the source of so much negativity. Oh well....

I suppose that anyone who takes the jabbing as being a negative vibe associated with Fat Chance bikes is not in on the joke, so they don't matter! ;)

Michael-NYC

Doug Carter

Staff member
About what year did the "Don't Tread..." decal start on the bikes? This guy seems to have his Fat history all out of whack.

I like the missing bottom cable guide, too. The cable rubbing on the bare bottom bracket is a nice touch. Must be the "extra rare and valuable" version.

Maybe it's just me, but that thing is maybe $300 at the most. I donno where he gets the $250 fork number, either. NOS 1" Judy SLs won't hit that on their best days.

Loon.

MikeyNYC

Doug Carter said:
About what year did the "Don't Tread..." decal start on the bikes? This guy seems to have his Fat history all out of whack.

I like the missing bottom cable guide, too. The cable rubbing on the bare bottom bracket is a nice touch. Must be the "extra rare and valuable" version.QUOTE]

Doug,

It appears that the plain American Flag decal up on the top of the seat tube disappeared from frames around 1989 and is not on the frames that are in the 1990/1991 catalog or the 1992 catalog, which has the "Don't Tread on Me" T-Shirts and actual flag held by the employees in a group photo, but you can't see the actual decal on the frames in these catalogs since the cranks are in the way.

Also, the Blue and White Wicked Fat Chance that I recently traded away had the "Don't Tread on Me" decal on it and a reveted on BB Cable guide and it was determined to be a 1990...That should help to date this green mess, to not even be a model from the 1980s!

The riveted on BB cable guide was still used in 1990, but I never heard of one coming off completely, rivet and all like that!

Also when did a ding that was totally devoid of paint down to the bare metal make a frame anything less then a restoration project and NOT a hotter commodity?

Who is this Poor guy?

Michael-NYC

MikeyNYC

Chance Circa 1986 eBay Item number: 7230512103

Jack Lantern said:
Please excuse my previous post on the whole negativity thing, too much coffee I guess.

No excuse needed, last time I checked coffee was still legal, who knows what this guy is high on ?!?

Michael-NYC

rick

decals, etc.

My 89 has the "Don't tread on Me" decal, but I don't believe that my 87 or 88 do, I'll have to check. I think that the signature decal happened quite as early, perhaps 93 or so?

I'll have to check the collection a bit closer.

p.s and yeah, the guy with the Wicked is operating in an alternate universe or something.....

fat-d

My 1988 Wicked (#04658W) has the Don't Tread On Me decal, and the riveted-on bottom bracket cable guide. And it has the downtube gusset, FWIW. Michael, I think you and I figured out before that Fat City might have made some changes during the 1988 model year.

Attachments

• dsc06386.jpg
    dsc06386.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 21

fat-tony

Staff member
MikeyNYC said:
Is the seller of this bike:

Check this listing out just for the verbal sparring alone, it's quiet entertaining...I say that everyone here band together and take this item OFF of your ebay watch list, as the seller is only having his ego fueled by the interest from all of the "watchers"

When is this eBay seller going to clue into the fact that the reason so many are "watching" is because the whole thing is hilarious to read and go back to. It's a very nice train wreck!

I have been LOL reading all the comments and sparring.

Bssc

Mid year 88 the don't tread on me stick started to appear of fresh painted frames, it was also put on any frame that came back for service. At the same time the cable guides and gussets started to be standard practice. All of these were running changes in the line for that years Atlantic city show, for next years bikes.

I belive I still have a stash of cable guides kicking about in my parts boxes, I'll have to check.

fatf**knchance

what about the threaded bottom bracket? i thought they started them around 93 - 94. maybe a repaint. anyway the guy is still nuts!

fat-d

In one picture it looks like it might have domed stays. Did Fat City use domed stays on the later Wickeds? The 80s Wickeds I have seen don't have them. That rear end sure looks a lot like my Yo with the domed stays and the Chris Chance signature decal.