Anniversary fork

I was just messin. I really needed that fork, but geez, it is already up to $299!

Any idea what a reasonable price is for this fork.

afterbang

just fyi

if that is a 10th anniversary fork, it doesnt have the same specs as the BOI, and isn't suspension corrected.

if that is a 10th anniversary fork, it doesnt have the same specs as the BOI, and isn't suspension corrected.

Ok, so uneducated n00b question, what does that mean? I have a 92 Yo with the standard, stock fork on it. I was going to buy this fork to put on a 94 Yo frame that I purchased to build up. Will that not work?

afterbang

well, what I even wrote was wrong.

this is the fork you want if you have a 1992. At some point in 93 or 94, the Yos geometry changed to accommodate a suspension fork. The axle to crown length on the segmented forks went up to 420mm, I believe.

where I am wrong is, I've read there is a BOI with the shorter axle to crown length, as was the case with the Yo Eddy fork. However, the diameter of fork legs of all BOI forks is 1" and the Yo fork is 1-1/8".

see this: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86330

tvcreative

I see that the seller states that the fork is 390mm AtoC

I always thought a tenth anniversary fork was supposed to be slightly longer (410 AtoC) than a standard fork for a 1992 YO (390mm) AtoC

i think the rake is the same.

that fork on ebay looks like it's got a fairly short steer tube.

please forum feel free to correct if I am wrong.

I think the 10th fork was the first incarnation of the BOI.

If it is 390 it could work.

sorry for any confusion, I am just flabbergasted that someone would take a fork off a 10th frame. Makes me think that the 10th frame it was mated too was damaged or rusty.

Also for the record, I have had less than perfect dealings with PRO'S CLOSET. They for the most part sell beat up stuff, at a premium. Personally, I think they have a tendency to over claim condition of products in their descriptions.

that being stated, rating your stuff is in the eye of the beerholder.

Last edited:

afterbang

Oh, and I would just buy an Igleheart fork if I were you. After buying a Yo fork, I wish I would have. You're getting a brand new fork for right around the same price as hunting one of these down. I understand wanting a FCC product, but buying a 20+ year old fork that could have been hammered on for $400+ dollars doesn't make much sense to me when you can have someone from the Fat crew build you a new one.

Oh, and I would just buy an Igleheart fork if I were you. After buying a Yo fork, I wish I would have. You're getting a brand new fork for right around the same price as hunting one of these down. I understand wanting a FCC product, but buying a 20+ year old fork that could have been hammered on for $400+ dollars doesn't make much sense to me when you can have someone from the Fat crew build you a new one.

Actually, my 92 Yo is complete, has been since I bought it in 1992 and built it up myself. I need this fork for a 94 Yo frame I purchased.

Wish I could buy an Iglehart fork, but I don't believe he is making them at the moment. I tried to contact several times with no luck and others on the forum indicated he isn't making forks.

mainlyfats

Wish I could buy an Iglehart fork, but I don't believe he is making them at the moment. I tried to contact several times with no luck and others on the forum indicated he isn't making forks.

He will be up and making forks again within a few months. His fork will be - reliably - better than almost anything you can buy. Is there a time pressure?

He will be up and making forks again within a few months. His fork will be - reliably - better than almost anything you can buy. Is there a time pressure?

No real time pressure on my end. I read in another thread that he was in a bike accident which a bummer for him. Hope he recovers well.