Cornering the Market on Fat Stuff!!!!!

settemarche

What is with the "lagunacoupe" on eBay gobbling up all the Fat stuff????? the prices are skyrocketing. the Fat TI, $800+ for a Cook stem? it is a free market - but it bums me out when the cool retro stuff starts getting into the stratospheric price range.<p>

if "lagunacoupe" is on this board - ring me up and let me take one of the bikes in your stable for a spin around the block ;-)

mainlyfats

lagunacoupe AOK

settemarche said:
What is with the "lagunacoupe" on eBay gobbling up all the Fat stuff?????

He bought one of my Fats and is a super nice guy who's just getting in to vintage stuff.

settemarche

mainlyfats said:
He bought one of my Fats and is a super nice guy who's just getting in to vintage stuff.

ah - that was your Wicked awhile back. i am sure he is a nice guy. i have found most people who are into Fats have a commraderie. it just seems that "lagunacoupe" is bent on global Fat domination ;-)

AB

Guess he got out dueled - Check out the M/L thread in the For Sale section. I agree - it does suck that the prices are way out of whack on ebay.

settemarche

AB said:
Guess he got out dueled - Check out the M/L thread in the For Sale section. I agree - it does suck that the prices are way out of whack on ebay.

yea - can you believe that? almost $3K for a 13 year old and used frame. again, it is a free market economy - but on ebay it is definitely a sellers market. i did want that frame. but i would only want to pay $1500 - and i think that is a tonne of money for a frame. even if it is Ti.

my 2 cents.

bruce t

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

settemarche

bruce t said:
This beauty sold real fast!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160008882904

And I bought this one, along with a matching fork:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fat-Chance-Buck-Shaver-Frame_W0QQitemZ160008879640QQihZ006QQcategoryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Apparently the Buck was custom-ordered with Team Violet and the Team decals!

The seller sold some cool stuff yesterday, poke around his auctions.

Cheers, bt

what the eff is going on? i was out watching the F1 race and i loose out on a couple sweet bikes. i think i would have pulled the trigger on the Ti. the Buckshaver you bought is pretty cool too. i have a 93 in Lime Green. mine does not have the team sticker. the color is cool too. great find. you just made my day far worse.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bruce t

Sorry about ruining anyone's day. I would have loved to have the Ti as well, but a little out of my price league. (i'm just a poor musician type who likes bikes).

I just happened to do a search on "Fat Chance" over my morning (or afternoon?) coffee, and these popped up. I missed out on three Chris King 1" headsets in the $50 range, and a nice Ti Specialized stem, that either sold before I logged on, or while I was trying to decide to buy the fork as well as the frame (I have a 1989 Wicked fork lying around, but wasn't sure if its geometry would be correct for the Buck)....

Nice guy, though, sold a lot of cool stuff yesterday.

Cheers, bt

settemarche

bruce t said:
Sorry about ruining anyone's day. I would have loved to have the Ti as well, but a little out of my price league. (i'm just a poor musician type who likes bikes).

well, i am just a poor teacher who likes old bikes. i think we could battle to see who is poorest!<p>

this was not nor will it be the first day that has been ruined. to compound matters i was just snipped on a set of White Industries rims. bummed since it was close to my house - could hav saved on local pick up.

MikeyNYC

lagunacoupe...

settemarche said:
What is with the "lagunacoupe" on eBay gobbling up all the Fat stuff????? the prices are skyrocketing. the Fat TI, $800+ for a Cook stem? it is a free market - but it bums me out when the cool retro stuff starts getting into the stratospheric price range.<p>

if "lagunacoupe" is on this board - ring me up and let me take one of the bikes in your stable for a spin around the block ;-)

lagunacoupe is making all of my retro Fat City and Cook Bros. stuff worth more in "eBay value"! ;)

Michael-NYC

fat-tony

Staff member
MikeyNYC said:
lagunacoupe is making all of my retro Fat City and Cook Bros. stuff worth more in "eBay value"! ;)

Michael-NYC

hey: someone tell lagunacoupe and others to stop buying this stuff up till after I finish my re-build! :)

That was a real nice Ti for $1750 though.................

Jack Lantern

bruce t said:

I just happened to do a search on "Fat Chance" over my morning (or afternoon?) coffee, and these popped up. I missed out on three Chris King 1" headsets in the $50 range, and a nice Ti Specialized stem, that either sold before I logged on, or while I was trying to decide to buy the fork as well as the frame (I have a 1989 Wicked fork lying around, but wasn't sure if its geometry would be correct for the Buck)....

Nice guy, though, sold a lot of cool stuff yesterday.

Cheers, bt
How funny. I saw that frame while on my 2nd cuppa black as well. I thought about it for about 3 minutes, got up to pour myself cup number 3 and when I sat back down t'was too late. Maybe I should cut back on the coffee :D . Congrats, she's a beauty. Should build up nicely.

bruce t

Thanks, Jack!

I'll be psyched to receive it. Now starts the parts search. I went ahead and bought the Chris King-hubbed wheelset that was on the bike, but I'll still need brakes and levers, crank arms and chainrings, a rear derailleur, a headset....

I'm curious to see how much different the ride is from my old Wicked. The guy I'm buying it from said he liked the ride better than his Yo, though.
biggrin.gif

bt

settemarche

fat-tony said:
hey: someone tell lagunacoupe and others to stop buying this stuff up till after I finish my re-build! :)

That was a real nice Ti for $1750 though.................

thank you Fat Tony. some people are really just not being considerate of others. i would really like to have built a Fat Ti. this sub guy and laguna guy are not respecting my wants and needs. it sounds like you have felt the wrath of there cubic dollars!<p>

if i had seen that single speed. i sould have bit the bullet and just converted it back. that one was a stinger!

MikeyNYC

settemarche said:
quite right Mike. you gotta be a thousandaire at least by now!

Well, that person spent $830 on a Cook Bros. Racing Stem alone and I paid about $850 for my "Fat Chance" frame with the Box Crown Fork, a Specialized headset and the Fat City Bottom Bracket back in 1988 - Since I have a similar Cook Bros. Racing Stem installed in said frameset/complete bike, I do believe that my net worth is well into the 4 figures - Not to mention what it must be worth on eBay in other currencies around the world wherever Fat Cogs may be lurking!

Michael-NYC ;)

settemarche

MikeyNYC said:
Well, that person spent $830 on a Cook Bros. Racing Stem alone and I paid about $850 for my "Fat Chance" frame with the Box Crown Fork, a Specialized headset and the Fat City Bottom Bracket back in 1988 - Since I have a similar Cook Bros. Racing Stem installed in said frameset/complete bike, I do believe that my net worth is well into the 4 figures - Not to mention what it must be worth on eBay in other currencies around the world wherever Fat Cogs may be lurking!

Michael-NYC ;)

Mike - i knew the NYC was a cover. you are "lagunacoupe"! it is obvious with that exact dollar figure on the stem. you are him and he is you. since you are just down the street in So Cal - invite me over so i can take a spin on the Ti.<p>

thanks for allowing the satir ;-)<p>

sette

MikeyNYC

settemarche said:
Mike - i knew the NYC was a cover. you are "lagunacoupe"! it is obvious with that exact dollar figure on the stem. you are him and he is you. since you are just down the street in So Cal - invite me over so i can take a spin on the Ti.<p>

thanks for allowing the satir ;-)<p>

sette

Sette,

You've got me all figured out! Yeah, NYC is just a cover for me living in Laguna and buying things that I already have for many times the price that I paid back in the day! Sure just stop by anytime to ride my Ti Fat Chance, heck you can keep it as long as you want to, but you'll just have to be careful that you don't miss my driveway...by about 5000 miles ;)

And to Lagunacoupe, we're all just jealous that you can buy whatever you want and now have some seriously cool Fat Chances!

Michael-NYC (NOT O.C.)

lucifer

Wow those were two killer deals. The buck at a little over two bills was an awesome deal. And the ti with great parts was worth every bit of what it sold for. bummer I was on vaca...