Input/parts needed for my Yo Eddy

Hi guys! I've had a medium/large size aquafade Yo Eddy for almost a year, and I've really had no sensible luck, or for that matter, not much logic on what components to buy. I currently currently the 1992 frame, a Ritchey headset, and a Hippie Tech Suspension tuned Rock Shox Judy SL fork. I have but a few spare components lying around (bars, stem, crappy wheel set). It kills me to have the frame sitting around, as I bought it to enjoy riding it, and not have it as wall art. I wanted to know if anybody had any advice on what path I should take as to gathering a groupset that would be suitable for the bike. I've had many ideas as what to do. If I were to stick with vintage parts, which I think would keep the integrity of the bike, I wanted to do XTR or XT, but it's been very tough finding parts that would work. Buying a modern groupset would be perfectly sensible too, but I dont know if a GXP bottom bracket would work with it. There's also the issue of finding a wheelset that works with rim brakes, but also supports a 10-speed hub. I'd appreciate any input, advice, or comments on what I should do, and if anybody has anything sensible for sale, please contact me. Thank you!

jpicard616

I'm a big fan of Deore XT for several reasons: they're easy to come by, they're not too expensive, they work well, and they look great. If you wanted to build up the bike quickly to be able to ride it asap, then you really can't beat Shimano. As for the press fit bb, I've seen the bearings come up on ebay fairly often, but if that doesn't work, maybe someone on here would sell you one...? You could also build it up with whatever you have that works and ride it while accumulating the components you'd really like to have. OR you could spend several years saving up for, and finding a bunch of 90's cnc parts that are equally light weight, beautiful, and brittle. Whatever rout you take, I'm sure you'll have a great time on it.