• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Found Manitou Suspension fork on Ebay! MINTY!

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
This came up before, but could we get a policy clarification and/or amendment?

It seems that since this site is owned by RBUK it would make sense to have the same policy:

"Outing eBay auctions is okay, but everything listed for sale on the site itself needs a price."

I personally don't see why it is bad for us to direct other FatCogs people to auctions they might be interested in (the recent 10th is a case in point). Whether they are our own personally-listed auctions or not doesn't seem relevant to the issue.

fat-tony

Staff member
I do not have a "dog in the hunt". Doug Carter did not want to see two fellow Fatcoggers getting into a bidding war through this website and so his policy as Administrator was to not allow any for sale items that did not have a confirmed price so therefore the same policy translated over to not posting up ebay auctions. It was really never about outing which is not really a big deal on this site. There is a balancing act as to how to out and discuss items on auctions sites without it being an ad for the item. Silly, I know, but true

This would need to be decided on by the new boss........(I'm easy)

John

Administrator
Staff member
Guess it might be time to at least take a look through the rules.

I'd agree that as per Doug's existing rules and those set out on retrobike everything must have a price.

As for outing eBay auctions it doesn't bother me, generally think the pros out weigh the cons. Perhaps worth having the discussion to see what the consensus here on FatCOGs is.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Tony--- I know you are just patrolling the beat :)

My vote would be for the policy to mirror RBUK (which I think is a sensible one).

Chance Oviedo

Buy it now

Well, you see the only reason I posted this is because it has a buy it now price only, and doesn't even show the option to bid on it.