Drying out a drenched Fat

Fiandaca

So I basically went swimming w/ my Yo today. I got caught in a massive downpour that lasted for what seemed like 40 min or so. Anyway, I've popped the seatpost and drained any water out of the frame, but wondering if there is anything besides the sealed seat tube that I should take special note of (besides the typical wet bike care). I'm fairly new to this bike and want to treat it well after getting it so soaked!

Thanks to you all for such a great site - I'll post pics of my new ride soon!

Cheers! :beer:

colker

So I basically went swimming w/ my Yo today. I got caught in a massive downpour that lasted for what seemed like 40 min or so. Anyway, I've popped the seatpost and drained any water out of the frame, but wondering if there is anything besides the sealed seat tube that I should take special note of (besides the typical wet bike care). I'm fairly new to this bike and want to treat it well after getting it so soaked!

Thanks to you all for such a great site - I'll post pics of my new ride soon!

Cheers! :beer:

leave the post out of the frame. let it breathe for 24 hrs..
Belgium is cycling's world center and it's also the rain capital of Europe. Good for you that you rode your bike in the rain..

colker

Thanks colker, it's still drying. I'll prob re-assemble end of the weekend...

There is some stuff w/ moisture absorbing properties. Pepper, rice, silica gel. You can always wrap those things in cloth and stuff within the seat tube but it's probably ok by now.