• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Free thumb shifter mounts

Retro Dude

Cleaning off the work bench:

#1 Thumb shifter mounts - These replace the die cast clamp and allow you to mount your thumbies onto a 31.8 bar. The shifter mounts to these with the 6 mm screw from the stock shifter and the cable adjuster threads into it.

Gone - #2 Thumb shifter mounts - These are clamped to a 31.8 bar and provide a stub to mount the stock thumbies. I prefer these because I can switch between drop and flat bars w/o having to undo shifter cables.

I have one set of each, these are free - shipping is not though, figure $2-3 via paypal.

Thanks

Attachments

• mount #1-1.jpg
    mount #1-1.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 61
  • mount #1-2.jpg
    mount #1-2.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 30
  • mount #2- (1).jpg
    mount #2- (1).jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 32
  • mount #2- (2).jpg
    mount #2- (2).jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 26
  • mount #2- (3).jpg
    mount #2- (3).jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Retro Dude

Yes, designed them & 3d printed them. Made a couple of variations to see what worked best, these are some leftovers.

Rico Cycles

Shift mounts

Hello,I like what you made for thumbes. I just bought bars( 31.8) and mounted deore shifters with a longer screw, but would prefer to move unit above brake lever on curve. Do you think the 3D mount would move the lever just a little more away from the bar?Seems just a little more daylight between tape and rubber cover would enable the thumb to shift from the hoods.I am interested ...# 1. Thank you . Also are there detents for seven/eight clicks or are those in a washer? What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Rico Cycles

Mounts

I've just read your work shown on mtbr from three years ago.Your ahead of me that much.Thanks for offering those 3D mounts,and now I want to go a little different way because there is a fellow close to me that's building some CNc bits for the Outlaw bicycle customs crowd.He just got back from Vegas and showed his low rider along side four "Pro builders".I'm going to say he's pretty goosed-up with that exposure. I am stoked that he's got the interest and machines to one off stuff for me. His name is Chad Morgan(chopshopcustomz14@yahoo.com)....so some one else may benefit from your offer,thanks any how.Rico Cycles