General Fat Chance question

bocario

Is a unbuilt, new Mass. manufactured Yo Eddie Fat Chance w' fork and stem worth anything (kidding here)? I have one :) MINT condition!:redface: 54 cm c-c.............Yes I will sell it but only for Pesos/Euros/Food stamps as the dollar is worthless. Did some of the custom framesets have "Yo your 1st name here decals?" :D This one has the owner 1st name in the decal: Yo Richard" so I will only sell to a Richard and not a Dick;)

Truthfully now I might sell it the price is right.....I'm an unrepentant steel roadie and well if this was a Colnago or Richard Sachs there would be no post here. I'm trying to find a decent value. Ebay completed auctions are all over the place.

Serial # 745W08 ????Help here

YoKris

Are you sure with the serial!? Based on the serial it seems, that your FAT is a Wicked; not a Yo Eddy!

Should be the frame number 745, model Wicked, from the year 90 in size 18"

Pics would be a great help!

//yo

fat-tony

Staff member
Is a unbuilt, new Mass. manufactured Yo Eddie Fat Chance w' fork and stem worth anything (kidding here)? I have one :) MINT condition!:redface: 54 cm c-c.............Yes I will sell it but only for Pesos/Euros/Food stamps as the dollar is worthless. Did some of the custom framesets have "Yo your 1st name here decals?" :D This one has the owner 1st name in the decal: Yo Richard" so I will only sell to a Richard and not a Dick;)

Truthfully now I might sell it the price is right.....I'm an unrepentant steel roadie and well if this was a Colnago or Richard Sachs there would be no post here. I'm trying to find a decent value. Ebay completed auctions are all over the place.

Well now that the cat is out of the bag, post some photos. Doesn't seem like a Yo with Yo fork from what you are describing.

colker

Are you sure with the serial!? Based on the serial it seems, that your FAT is a Wicked; not a Yo Eddy!

Should be the frame number 745, model Wicked, from the year 90 in size 18"

Pics would be a great help!

//yo

and wickeds unfortunately sell for 30/40% the price of yos.

bocario

Serial Number

Thanks for the info...Pics this week.....I actually am toying with building it up with period correct parts and using it as a backup commuter. I really like old steel bikes though up until this point they are all roadies......:) Someone might have a 56-57 steel roadie to swap.....

bocario

Make it a roadie

You know you are correct....this frame is so cool.....OK period correct stuff too....now i need help....So this is a late 80's frameset (see above post w/ serial number)....I'm thinking shimano Deore thumshifters 6 speed...Araya rims....Shimano XT cantilvers.... Shimano Biopace or XT regular crankset triple....bars ???? The stem is a painted the same color as the bike.....yeah this is cool....a commuter! I like your idea....Off to the garage....BTW it is a Wicked Team not a Yo Eddy....I'm getting educated here.

colker

You know you are correct....this frame is so cool.....OK period correct stuff too....now i need help....So this is a late 80's frameset (see above post w/ serial number)....I'm thinking shimano Deore thumshifters 6 speed...Araya rims....Shimano XT cantilvers.... Shimano Biopace or XT regular crankset triple....bars ???? The stem is a painted the same color as the bike.....yeah this is cool....a commuter! I like your idea....Off to the garage....BTW it is a Wicked Team not a Yo Eddy....I'm getting educated here.

does the frame fit you?

bocario

YES heres a photo or two

Here's some pics.....If this is a "must have" for you email me and we can chat.....

Attachments

• HPIM3192.jpg
    HPIM3192.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 38
  • HPIM3191.jpg
    HPIM3191.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 79
  • HPIM3194.jpg
    HPIM3194.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 29

lucifer

Screw period correct. Put a set of nice cantis and some fat smooth tires and singlespeed it with an eno hub. It would make an awesome town bike.

MikeyNYC

Here's some pics.....If this is a "must have" for you email me and we can chat.....

bocario,

So are you going to build that up or just tease us?
Was that frame never built up?
Where did you get it from??
It has no fender or rack eyelets, so it's not really a "commuter",
but it could make a nice retro fully rigid racer or single-speeder in my opinion... ;)

fat-tony

Staff member
stem decal

What does the stem decal say (that would be facing the rider)

"have a (yo X bones) day" ?

bocario

THE Wicked

OK guys....here;s the deal.. A local bike came up for sale: Bill Holland Ti w/ full Dura-ace 10. Holland is a local frame builder and does unreal work. This frame alone is worth 3000.00 and the asking price is 2600.00 with components so......the Wicked is officially for sale. Before I put on Ebay and open it to the world I would rather sell to the real Fatcog junkies.....I can take more pictures and will for the Ebay auction. The Complete Auctions are all over the map: I've seen full bikes go for 300.00 and frames go for 500.00. I know I'm no expert in these frames but my gut feeling tells me an unbuilt new Wicked with the REALLY COOL fork and stem should be worth something. I will ship overseas and can accept Paypal. And if you are really interested I'll send a phone number. The stem has a face on it with bones. matching color as you can see. I'll shoot a picture of it......The only issue is the the "yo richard" decal on the top tube...the bike was a custom. Never built. I purchased at the SD Veloswap a while back. I really have mixed feelings on selling an if the Holland was not up I would keep....As mentioned before, I'm a roadie and well, vintage steel is very appealing especially in road bikes! So how much? I will be entertaining offer until Sunday (closed bid of course) after that I will probably put it up on Ebay as a BIN/Best Offer Auction. I know the Ebay ropes VERY well as I have sold bike stuff for years (WEBIKE4FUN seller ID) and I have 100% feedback for over 500 transactions ALL Cycling related Selling not buying so I'm legit.

I-ROBOT

Hi Gang
Judging by the looks of the welds on the BB, I did this frame. I welded most of the Wickeds in '88

D&D cycles was actually Dean (can't remember his last name) who was our in-house painter. He had his own business in CA but came out to Somerville to work for Chris after Hoss Rogers left. Chris let him put the D&D decal on any custom job.

Dean had kidney problems and actually had a transplant from his father. His dad came out to visit him and died suddenly during the visit. As it turned out, he was a match for Dean so Dean underwent an emergency transplant and had to be hospitalized and couldn't go to his father's funeral. Weird, but true. Dean came back and worked for Fat City for a little while longer but then decided to go back to CA. Mike Flanigan took over painting then.

The stem is a Salsa. We used to stock them and would custom-paint them to match if somebody wanted that.

If this bike still has the D&D decal then the paint is probably original. We did a fair amount of customs then and the painted-to-match stem was popular.

Scott Bengtson

I-ROBOT

I am mistaken

That Wicked is a 1990 18" model (should have looked at the pics a little closer) - was painted by Dean (somebody tell me his last name cuz its going to drive me nuts)

I'm not sure where those Yo Eddy decals (stickers?) came from.

The stem is definitely a Salsa.

My bad
Scott