Titanium Add ons, who to turn to?

southherogrease

I've got a MA built Ti Fat with a steel 10th anniversary fork. I've got a hankering for disc brakes and am looking for a reputable builder to add mounts to frame and fork. Suggestions? Thanks.

Things not to suggest because I already investigated them:

1. Brake Therapy - I invested in a Phil Wood rear disc hub and there is no compatibility.
2. Independent Fabrications - They only work on IF bikes
3. Getting a shock fork - They'll have to pry my 10th anniversary fork from my cold dead hands! My Softride stem too! Don't laugh. Come ride with me and try to keep up! Anyway, that would just solve the front brake issue and launch me over the bars on a regular basis.
4. A new bike - are you kidding?!

misterdangerpants

Considering you're in Vermont, I'd say go with Chris Igleheart. He did my fork for my Ted Wojcik and it's super nice. I also brought that same bike up to his shop to get some information about having sliding dropouts installed, and he showed me some of the restoration work he was doing and it was quite nice. He's an amazing craftman. Plus, he used to work at Fat City Cycles. :thup:

He's also a genuinely nice guy who will shoot the breeze with you all day.

AB

?

Just so I understand what you're saying - you want to get disc mounts put on your Ti frame and 10th fork ??? IMO - get some good v brakes and rims.

Yeah! What the guy above me said! Are you kidding? Why would you butcher such nice stuff for disc brakes? Ceramic rims and pads are pretty sweet on a vintage ride. If you want disc that bad I would just buy a newer bike with them already there;)

Butcher

I'm with these guys on the "don't do it" side. You have an ultra rare, highly prized bike for what it is, not for what it is not.

I just got a set of Avid Ultimate V's with cool stop MTB Salmon pads on my Yo Eddy and they rock! Single finger with lots of power. I also ran the Nokon zero compression housing set up for an even firmer brake feel.

midtnss

Mullet setup?

What about a front disk on a new fork and leaving a V on the back. The front does 70%+ of the braking anyway. Its a big improvement, won't mess up what you have already. Rody has a giant backlog but Inglehart or WaltWorks can build a Yo fork with a disk tab.