Having a fork built for my wicked

BillyD

Just got back from a ride. Maybe I won't have a new fork made. Had a blast on the Wicked single speed. Trails were a little wet and muddy in spots. For the most part it was all ridable A few times I noticed the fork not turning as quick as I wanted. Maybe it's the long wheel base on the 21" frame or the 45mm of fork rake on a wicked. Or, maybe it's the rider and not the bike.

I have a really cool ride by my house. 70 % of the ride is switchbacks through a tiny forest. Really tight with short steep hills. Fun

colker

i just built my wicked now. fork is vicious 415mm length. rake? no idea. i built it w/ a midge drop bar. frame is 18in, i'm 5.9. i'm banging my knees on the stem/ steerer.. i'll ride it tomorrow.
confused.gif

bikinbruce

good riding!!

BillyD said:
Just got back from a ride. Maybe I won't have a new fork made. Had a blast on the Wicked single speed. Trails were a little wet and muddy in spots. For the most part it was all ridable A few times I noticed the fork not turning as quick as I wanted. Maybe it's the long wheel base on the 21" frame or the 45mm of fork rake on a wicked. Or, maybe it's the rider and not the bike.

I have a really cool ride by my house. 70 % of the ride is switchbacks through a tiny forest. Really tight with short steep hills. Fun

Sounds like tyler Mill Area (Vietnam Vets Memorial Park), really awesome riding area, I used to ride more there when I lived in Meriden.

Happy trails,
bruce

'93 XS buckshaver