Slim Chance

Doug Carter

Staff member
Still in search of a 56-57cm Slim Chance road bike, or frameset. This search will probably take a while, but if someone happens to stumble onto one, I have dinero waiting. Team Violet scores bonus points.

I had found that gorgeous Campy Black Metallic Slim out in California, but the price of admission is just a bit too much for a second bike (so says the wifey, and she signs the purchase orders).

If you hear of something, please do let me know.

Team Violet Yo! is still on my list, too, M/L wins a prize.

Jeeves

Make that two! I'm interested in a Slim as well. If Doug turns passes on yours, feel free to email me! :)

Thanks,
-Raj

Doug Carter

Staff member
So no sooner do I re-broadcast this wish (after the Turner has left the building) , than this pops up on ePay. My size, my year and everything. :shock: :eek:

I'm not saying "hands-off" to anyone or anything, but just want to let it be known that I'm not going to let this one slip through my fingers. :twisted:

Ok, so what do you guys say to your wives when she says, "what do you need another bike for? WHy don't you ride the one you have?"

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rick

SlimChance

Doug,

That Slim looks very nice in Cosmic Dust Fade, it would match one of my bikes.
Did you get the official approval yet from the boss, or are you going to surprise her?

Doug Carter

Staff member
I've got the unofficial "eye roll" which means, "you're an idiot and you're gonna do what you want anyway."

Plans are moving forward with the failed attempt at purchasing a 56cm IF Crown Jewel this afternoon.

Cosmic Dust Fade it is!

Now I just have to figure out what it's worth.

Jeeves

I've got the unofficial "eye roll" which means, "you're an idiot and you're gonna do what you want anyway."
:lol: :lol:

I know that look!

That's a nice ride for sure!
-Raj

Doug Carter

Staff member
Ugh, I'm so dejected right now. I can't believe I couldn't pull it out in the end. :( :cry: That sucks. Another one bites the dust.

Crap.

rick

Doug,

I was surprised to see that you did not end up with the Cosmic Dust Fade Slim Chance, price seemed reasonable. Sorry about that, don't give up though, more will pop up, I'm sure.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Yeah, I was pretty bummed. I panicked at the end of the auction and wasn't thinking there would be so much action on it at the end. Stupid me, it was a nice bike.

Not sure what is next... :roll:

scant

I thought it was standard practise to bid like hell @ the end?!
If its too much effort then it wasnt meant to be doug :D

I never thought a cheap, mint lavender Yo would appear, patience is key (apparently!)

scant

"Outta berkely calf???" nar, mine was from michigan. while the current US/UK exchange rates make US prices look very tempting, we usually get ripped off on shipping, if not on import duty. Some occasional bargains to be had tho ;)

there was a 10th anni selling for $300 a while back on ebay.de that woulda needed a new seattube. For the $$ I wish I'd bought that now. Live & learn :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

yo' djblu

ok. thanks there was one outta berkley calf that sold in teh spring that was lavender for 700 bucks. I was always wondering who got it.

Yeah "live and learn" I would have never sold my orig yo but I was VERY lucky to got one for my wife for 650 ;)

scant

700$, was that for the complete bike? I remeber seeing one with purple cooks RSR cranks etc. is that the 1?

think I paid $550 for frame, tange strut fork & king headset. which given the UK exchange rate was pretty cheap :)

yo' djblu

yup that was the one.. I think it might have been set up as a single speed as well... one bidder... strange how things go sometimes..

Jeeves

Doug! Check ebay - there's a Slim frame for sale that looks very much like the last one you posted about. (has a few rough spots in the finish, though!)

-Raj

rick

this frame is the same color (Cosmic Dust Fade) but the seller accurately says that the frame could use a repaint.