crank arm help!

yo' djblu

just bought these babies for my wifes yo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Topline-Purple-...243854128QQcategoryZ56193QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I slap them on and they wont work cause they rub or basically wont go past the back bar. Am i doing something wrong? Do i need spacers?? I am new at building and the shimano arms i took off have a swing or bend to them which gets them past the back bars. Any help would be great and if they wont work for me let me know i will re ebay them or if someone here wants them. I thought cook bros. were the same and had the straight arm and worked with fats. :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

yo' djblu

cool thankful it will be that easy as they look VERY sweet on her ride. Not to worried about her breaking them as she is basically a fireroad gal.

I will post pics as soon as i get the wider bb on.

bushpig

If you have an earlier Yo it uses a pressfit bottom bracket and that one won't work. Otherwise, if you have a threaded bb you should be golden. Looking forward to the pics.

brad

When I bought my Yo Eddy in 91 I had a Cook Brothers crank from my previous bike. I recall running into the same problem with the BB spindle that came installed being too short. I was able to use a Ti spindle from the Cook Brothers bottom bracket that was also in my previous bike. The shop where I bought my bike also got me a longer steel spindle that I use to this day.

There is a Ti Cook Bros. BB for sale on Ebay now that you could use the spindle from.

Search for "Cook Brothers 127mm".

There is also a 128 mm Ti Spindle for sale.

Search for "128mm spindle"