Seatpost

kokies

I have a vintage USE shockpost that looks mint for sale. It is a 25.0 that you can get a $5 shim for it to fit your 26.4

Attachments

• P2060018s.jpg
    P2060018s.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 7

Doug Carter

Staff member
26.4 isn't an easy find. I spent MANY months searching for something tht wasn't beat to hell. I wound up buying one of those Kalloy UNO posts off of eBay that pop up every once in a while, and you know what? It's REALLY a nice post for the price. No, it's not a Ringle or a Syncros, but it is light and well made. It isn't a bad choice, considering what else is available to us in that size.

doug

mainlyfats

How about this?

burnzy said:
Anyone no of a source for the 26.4 seatpost in anything other than a Kalloy?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7217821583&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

I have a Ritchey post in one bike and a Strong in another, I prefer the Ritchey, but they both get the job done. In my opinion, the old Suntours can't be beat, but they rarely surface. My kingdom for an old XC!

Rumour has it that Charlie Cunningham can build WTB fixed angle posts at an hourly rate.

Geekhouse

You can actually get a Thomson in 26.4 in black or silver. Any shop can order these, I know both Action, and I think BTI distributors should have these in stock...

Zook

There are no Thomson posts listed in 26.4 are you sure they sell them? I think you'll have to buy a smaller post and use a shim.

I found a 26.4 Syncros NOS post on ebay. You just got keep checking and don't let something good pass when you find it...

-Z

kokies

I checked QBP and the only 26.4 post was kalloy. Why no shims? I have seen factory bikes come with shims.

burnzy

seatpost

I saw the Kalloy on Bikeman, I can't find the Thompson/Syncros in26.4..
I'll keep looking. I hate the Kalloy clamp/post interface. I have had a couple and strip the ridges on the tilt adjustment. Maybe if I back off on the beer and get down under 250 lbs....NAW FORGETABOUTIT.
Thanks for the offer on the USE post, I have 2 of them and even the purple elastomers are too soft at my size.

Geekhouse

Guys,
Sorry I'm a jack-ass; the post I was talking about was a thomson in 26.6...I'll check through the dist catalogs tomorrow to see if I can find anything....

mainlyfats

American Classic

Geekhouse said:
Guys,
Sorry I'm a jack-ass; the post I was talking about was a thomson in 26.6...I'll check through the dist catalogs tomorrow to see if I can find anything....

I've heard that American Classic make a 26.4. It's a period correct manufacturer, but perhaps not all that suitable for the heavier rider.

Geekhouse

post again...

I just got a shim today that converts 25.4 post into the 26.4 seat tube. I guess it's not ideal, but the bike does look nice with a brand new thomson!
Any east cost shop can get these from action distribution, and the shim is about $4 retail...
Good luck!

When I bought my Wicked it came with a Kalloy Spectre UL Comp post. The mechanism is similar to a Roox Post or an old Dean. I will try and post pics if you like. I'm thinking it might be more of a road post because of its length?

Fatty

Bssc

Ritchey seat posts were relabeled Nitto seat posts, Bikeman use to have a ton of them give them a ring and ask.

Belmont wheel works/ Ace Wheel works should also have a bunch laying around but again it is best to call.

Harris Cyclery may have a few kicking about in the back room again call if you are lucky you may end up talking to Sheldon Brown.

Zook

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.