My first FAT, and first post

mr mike

The bike I wished I could afford back then. Just found this locally and could not resist.
Bought it off the original owner who had it custom built for him. Excellent condition with less than expected sign of use.
Any feedback from the forum would be greatly appreciated. Here is the spec sheet he ordered. It is still all original.

*also gave me a 1995 Sommerville brochure in excellent condition*

SPECIFICATIONS:
Make: Fat City
Model: Yo Eddie
Year: 1994 Serial # 149Y4M
Special factory custom paint (P22) Red, White & Blue.
Frame: Tig welded steel
Fork: Judy XL
Headset: Chris King Ahead, non-threaded 1"
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XTR
Crankset: Shimano XTR (48-36-24) Cranks-175mm
Shifters: Shimano XTR
Cogset:Shimano XTR
Front Derailler: Shimano XTR
Rear Derailler: Shimano XTR
Brakeset: Shimano XTR
Hubset: Shimano XTR
Seat Post: Ringle (Moby) 29.4m
Saddle: Bontrager TI
Handlebar: Bontrager Titanium 118
Bar Ends: Bontrager 130 magnesium & Specialized (pictured)
Stem: Ringle (Zooka) 135mm-10 degree rise
Grips: Ritchie-True grip II
Chain: Sedis - ATB (SC-M50)
Rims: Mavic 117
Spokes: DT - double butted
Cables: Gore (ride on)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 13

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Someone finally bought it!! That is the one that was in Philly, no?

Personally, I dig the paint though it has got some flack for being Ritchey colors. Congrats on your new ride!

mr mike

Someone finally bought it!! That is the one that was in Philly, no?

Personally, I dig the paint though it has got some flack for being Ritchey colors. Congrats on your new ride!

Yes, the one in Philly. Didnt know it was Ritchey colors (not that it matters to me). American made and Red White and Blue! XTR everything sealed the deal for me.
I got him to deal on the price a bit too. I think i got a good deal.

It is in remakably great shape. I took off the old computer, bottle cages and pump. I will put my Fire XC tires on it tonight. I will also clean and lube the chain and deralleurs.

I hope to take my first ride after work saturday.

mr mike

i do remember seeing that bike as well. awesome color scheme. ties the American aspect all together!

Sette

funny story today. the guys at work have seen my stumpjumper full suspension disk and all nod their heads when I tell them what it cost. Its got fat tubes, shocks front and back and disk brakes. expensive, but justified.

then i show up today with my 94 yo eddy. they know I spent over $1000 to get it. they look at me like i am crazy.
so i try explaining that the frame is hand made at over 30 hours labor. the components are all xtr which is top shelf. I can tell that they just dont get it. I mean in all honesty, if you dont know what you are looking at, it looks like a just an old bike.
then someone says "so, its like having a 1994 cadillac?" I looked at them and said "no, its like having a 1994 Ferrari!"
It was then, I think, that they finally got it.
After a few minutes of looking at it and scrathing their heads, Pete asked me "Is this one of those things that if you have to explain, you probably would not understand anyway?"
And I said "yes, that is exactly right"

yo' djblu

Sweet story. Congrats. For those who know when they see the fat on the street they will be shocked, come over and swoon.

Happens all the time.

Happy trails.